6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a good trigger for my son? 2 stage or single? I'm a fan of 2 stage myself and use RRA match triggers mainly. I do have 1 timmney in a cav arms lower for the wife and a giesellesp? In my p10. I have a RRA extra I could use but just wondering if there's something better to try. (Can't swing like 3 bills on a trigger)

Thanks

·
Registered
511 Posts
Anything that would be good for you, would be good for him. Doesn't matter if it's single stage or 2 stage, that's a matter of personal preference.

I'm assuming that he's going to be new to shooting, and you are looking for a decent cheap trigger to start him out on?

<$150 will get you a single stage drop-in Velocity trigger. They come in 3lb, 4lb, and 4.5lb trigger pulls with curved or straight triggers. Got one in a lower and really like it.

For a nice factory style single trigger on a budget check out the PSA enhanced triggers. Nice smooth pull for a mil-spec style trigger that regularly runs 30 on sale. If you are building from a bare receiver, they also have build kits with this trigger on sale occasionally. Good starting point for any new shooter. Later you can add JP springs and a pre-travel set screw to get a really nice trigger for mil-spec style. Can't give a number for pull weight after the mods, but it's not far from the 3lb Velocity and Jard triggers that I've got in two of my lowers. Those were in the neighborhood of $150, while the PSA enhanced trigger with springs and set screw was about $40

1 - 2 of 2 Posts