6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Another forum newbie from South Texas who has recently re-discovered the possibilities of the black rifle. I acquired a decent 556 example after dabbling with a (much) cheaper one and being supremely disappointed, and became a believer after seeing what a better example of this rifle can do out of the box without handloads or better triggers.

I've been a bolt gun guy and hand loader for a few years now, and I shoot primarily for accuracy now that I've had my hunting load recipes dialed in (use 270 WIN for deer and hog duty). This caliber seems to be the logical next step for my shooting style, so I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from y'all. And I have already ordered a few ASC and CPD mags to start building my supply! :cool:

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Welcome

Welcome neighbor. It is a great caliber and platform. In my brush country, I only have up to 175 yard shots. This weapon is the ticket for fast moving targets (hogs), and everything lesser.

You'll enjoy the site and there's a wealth of knowledge and experience.

Howdy!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome neighbor. It is a great caliber and platform. In my brush country, I only have up to 175 yard shots. This weapon is the ticket for fast moving targets (hogs), and everything lesser.

You'll enjoy the site and there's a wealth of knowledge and experience.

Howdy!
Thanks for the welcome! Nice to have a forum specific to the 6.8...plenty of knowledge/research in one place.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Welcome...

We tend to be very helpful around here and not talk down to the new guys unlike other gun forums.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
This Corpus Christi South Texan says....welcome and Howdy Ya'll

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.