6.8 SPC Forums banner

Yet another 308 boar.

1K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Xman 
A perfect picture of what a hog can do in a short amount of time to destroy crops. Did the farmer pay you?

What bullet were you using?

Reactions: jawjaboy
It's a prototype 308 cal a buddy gave me to test on hogs. ........In my estimation they are the Hammer of Thor on hogs.
Almost any bullet can make an effective neck/spine shot. If this new bullet is a Hammer of Thor on hogs, then give it a true test of capabilities. A Texas Heart shot will be more defining of the title.

Assuming shot from a .308 Win? Have you recovered any 175gr HPBT bullets? More fragmentation than mushrooms? I'm wondering what Sierra did to change the bullet design from match to hunting ... or ... did they test the match bullets in a hunting situation and found they worked well enough. Example, the 115 HPBT for the 6.8 is one of the few HPBT I tested that actually expanded from the tip and would be ok for hunting. With most HPBTs, I recover their HP tip still intact. Those that fragment, like the Hornady 110 BTHP, yaw then break apart otherwise they can continue to yaw and even penetrate tail first (like the 77 SMK). Another example, I've used the 88 ELD-M in a Valkyrie for two years now and they have drop pronghorns at 300 yards in their tracks (with some with fragged up off-side shoulder). The 77 TSMK has also been reported to be an effective hunting round.

jawjaboy, thanks for the insights. You will find the SST worthy.

Reactions: jawjaboy
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.