6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a stripped forged lower all morning but they're almost impossible to find. I did find a few but the prices have gone through the roof.
Does anybody have a source for a quality lower that is in stock and from a dealer who has them at pre Obama prices?
Looking for one that's marked 6.8 or multi cal.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Good luck, I talkedto spikes a week after the election and he was 50 days backorder. I have 6 on order through bushmaster and they said 40-60 days.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
marinesg1012 said:
Good luck, I talkedto spikes a week after the election and he was 50 days backorder. I have 6 on order through bushmaster and they said 40-60 days.
I wonder if supplies will get any better after the shock of the election wears off?
There were some "Superior" brand lowers on gunbroker.com but I haven't heard too much about Superior.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
I think in 1-2 months it will calm down until obamination starts talking about gun control.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They are getting $200 for Spikes in So cal. I think you will be looking at 3 or 4 months for supply to be back. However prices continue to rise and we may never see $125 prices again. All these guys buying uppers and waiting 4 or 5 mo are going to need lowers. That in itself will keep the prices high. I am going to buy a few extra lowers, as that is the part they will try to ban. I don't see how they can ban LPKs, barrels or most of the upper parts. Not that will stop them from trying.
What I'm waiting fo is the rush of people who bought uppers. Then figured out they really didn't need an AR. In 6 months there are going to be alot of uppers for sale. At that time the mfg will have caught up and hopefully it will be a buyers market.

TJ

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered from spikes last week, pistols lowers .. 8) :D :

I just got an email tonight that they shipped :)

I had custom engraving done even..

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
For reference...

I was a dealer in 1994 during the AW ban. I bought a large number of lowers that were delivered on Sept 12th....the day before the ban went into effect. The rules then was that the lower had to be assembled into a functioning lower to meet the letter of the law...and placed with the remaining upper parts...which did not have to be assembled...or it became a Post ban configuration.

I spent the entire day assembling lowers and grouping uppers and barrels together to meet the letter of the law.

Fast forward to 2000...six years later. I sold those same lowers without buttstocks or uppers..for as much as $750 each...and I did not advertise these for sale. People were seeking me out from as far away as Atlanta when they learned I had preban lowers that were stashed... and making me offers I simply could not refuse.

If you can buy a lower today for $200 or less....BUY IT.

The window of opportunity to buy lowers has not yet closed...but it could at the stroke of a pen come January. The problem is that back orders may not be filled before legislation is passed. I hope not...but it IS a possibility. If it does...those $200 lowers will at least double any may triple in price. At some point later there will be those who will be able to name their price...and there will be some who will pay it. Maybe not you...but someone will.

"He who snoozes...loozes....."

Kerry

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
JesseJames said:
owenslee, may I ask how you documented that your lowers were assembled prior to the ban?
I made copies of the shipping receipt from the manufacturer and copies of my FFL record book showing the date of transfer to my inventory.
The serial numbers also coincide with the manufactures' record of Pre Ban lower shipments.
Just as an added piece of documentation I provided a signed and notarized statement of all the details.

The individuals who purchased the lowers with the documentation I supplied never reported any issues afterwards.

Kerry

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
BTW Jesse,

One of my GGG Grandfathers has a connection in the Civil War to your namesake...

Not Jesse Woodson James...but a Jesse Barlow James who ran the James Mill on the North Fork River in the 1860's. Today it's know as the Topaz Mill.

He was was hung along with my grandfather's teenage son-in law. After hanging Jesse and the teenager, the Bushwhackers had my G father with the noose around his neck and his hands tied...standing on a rock when he was rescued by local civilians. He went on to fight in the Battle of Vera Cruz, Battle of Pea Ridge and Battle of Wilson's Creek. One of his decendants...Colin Collins is the past CEO, now retired... of the Air Evac Helicopter Rescue Service found across the US.

The hanging incident was described in a Book by Col. William Monk published in 1909.

Had the Bushwhackers been successful in their hanging attempt...I would not be here telling you this.

Kerry

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mogunr said:
http://www.essentialarms.com/

Give them a call. They are a small company and sometimes it's hard to get through but keep trying.
Thanks for the link.
I went to their site and looked at them but haven't called yet.
Are you using one? How's the quality? Good, bad, fair, all the holes the right size and in the right place, etc.?

Thanks

·
Registered
878 Posts
houser52 said:
mogunr said:

Give them a call. They are a small company and sometimes it's hard to get through but keep trying.
Thanks for the link.
I went to their site and looked at them but haven't called yet.
Are you using one? How's the quality? Good, bad, fair, all the holes the right size and in the right place, etc.?

Thanks
I've got one on order and I'm expecting it any day. From what I've read on the "other" forum they are of good quality. When I get it I'll let you know. They had a 3 lower limit but a friend of mine ordered some the other day and was able to order 5.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks Owenslee,

You gotta love a nice rich family history like that one!

Has anyone tried Tactical Innovations? I got 2 of their T15 lowers a week or two after the election.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well scratch that one. From Tactical Innovations website

RETAIL RECEIVER SALES
DISCONTINUED AS OF 12/8/08

We're really kicking these manufacturers asses! I'd love to see what it looks like on the floor at one of these maufacturing facilities. Probably a bunch of zombies chained to their table so they don't excape after working 60 back to back 18 hour shifts :twisted:

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
As I mentioned in another thread my lowers arrived at the dealer yesterday, I think they will get them back in stock.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mogunr said:

Thanks for the heads up.
I got through and they had a marked 6.8 lower in stock. It will ship as soon as my FFL dealer gets back from a Kentucky deer hunting trip.

Now the search for lower parts has begun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts