6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble finding the Bushmaster or RRA A2 butt stock lead weight.

Can trade 6.8 brass, other parts or PayPal cash.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Having trouble finding the Bushmaster or RRA A2 butt stock lead weight.

Can trade 6.8 brass, other parts or PayPal cash.

Message sent..

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Doesn't that weigh more than your rifle? :p

·
Registered
360 Posts
Doesn't that weigh more than your rifle? :p
See if he puts this on his rifle- then takes it off he can say he dropped over 3lb !!!

Just for me own knowledge. What is this for? Offsetting the weight of A 32" 2" diameter barrel with a 8 chamber tank brake, made out of tungsten, with a midget as a bipod. Or do you just need something heavy to drop on your foot to get on disability.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
See if he puts this on his rifle- then takes it off he can say he dropped over 3lb !!!

Just for me own knowledge. What is this for? Offsetting the weight of A 32" 2" diameter barrel with a 8 chamber tank brake, made out of tungsten, with a midget as a bipod. Or do you just need something heavy to drop on your foot to get on disability.
Actually they are popular on match rifles.

OP- brownells has them if you don't get anyone on here.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...hts/ar-15-m16-buttstock-weight-prod10996.aspx

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just traded brass for the weight, Thanks to USSRanger

YES, the weight is heavier than 3 of my rifles.

Joe you are crazy funny, I am retired now with nothing else to do (except honey do lists), have a dozen other disabilities so don't need another crushed toe.

The DCM M16s uses lead in the A2 buttstock and lead in the handguard and often weigh 15 to 16 pounds. That's to dampen the super recoil from the 223/556!!!!!! I would have to go on a weight training program to shoot those suckers from standing.

But bench rest rifles often weigh 12 pounds before scopes. My 6.5 Creedmoor (Savage bolt with match bull barrel) weighed 12 pounds without scope due to the heavy laminate stock and I was getting very small groups at 200 yards. Suddenly was getting 6 inch groups due to yips, took it apart and sold everything at a loss.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the record I traded a magnum recoil pad, a mil spec barrel nut and a mil spec pistol grip for the lead weight.

PAST Super Mag Plus Recoil Pad Shield $29.99

1 - 8 of 8 Posts