6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
I got guns, you got guns, we all got guns! Free to the bone, please do not f**k with me.
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS was is in my neighborhood, a couple streets down. I drive by here every day. Wish I had known.... My truck was out in the driveway.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/h...bber-in-northwest-harris-county-officials-say

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas - A suspected would-be car thief was shot and killed Monday by a homeowner in northwest Harris County.

According to investigators, the suspect was breaking into the homeowner's pickup truck just before 5 a.m. The vehicle was parked in front of a house in the 12100 block of Oak Park Drive when the owner spotted the person, went outside with a gun and started shooting.

Somehow the injured suspect ended up in a ditch near a neighbor's house. Officials are investigating if the man was running away at the time of the shooting.

It is unknown how many times the man was shot. Deputies said he was alive when the ambulance arrived but died just as Life Flight landed.

One neighbor said crime in the neighborhood has gotten worse since Christmas. Karen said after hearing news of the break-in and shooting, she is taking swift action.

"I'm actually going to buy a gun right now," she said. " I'm not wasting any time.

Harris County Precinct 4 constables are investigating. They are checking surveillance video for evidence.

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Would that be a justifiable homicide in Texas? Most places cops can't even shoot to kill if the suspect is not armed.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Would that be a justifiable homicide in Texas? Most places cops can't even shoot to kill if the suspect is not armed.
Yep.

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

·
Registered
I got guns, you got guns, we all got guns! Free to the bone, please do not f**k with me.
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard the story from another source... and lets just say it may pan out that this was more than justifiable.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
THIS was is in my neighborhood, a couple streets down. I drive by here every day. Wish I had known.... My truck was out in the driveway.
So you are saying that you hunt a baited field?:a23: Game warden would cite you!:a08: We all know you and the suspect would be found neutralized with a rope!:a39:

Never mess with another man's truck!

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Just curious. My nephew lives in the Panhandle and he had a similar incident but when he yelled at the would be thief, the guy rushed him so he shot him. No charges were filed.

·
Administrator
22,078 Posts
One less thief... works for me.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
LEO are held at a higher countability for the most part and are usually under greater restrictions than civilians
yup, most places deadly force can only be used to protect life, Texas and some others in the south can also use to protect property. (Alabama kid in post not too long ago)

("shoot to kill"? that is the only time anyone is allowed to shoot)

·
Registered
515 Posts
We would be crucified for trying to protect our property here. You need to prove that your life was in imminent danger to have any shred of justifiability.
I like your laws better... one more down.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
LEO are held at a higher countability for the most part and are usually under greater restrictions than civilians
That seems wrong, but I would not know for certain. One example is even if Michael Brown had been running away after reaching into the patrol car and trying to take his weapon, Wilson would be allowed to shoot the fleeing suspect. Because he is a dangerous threat to people.

One less thief... works for me.
2 If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
That seems wrong, but I would not know for certain. One example is even if Michael Brown had been running away after reaching into the patrol car and trying to take his weapon, Wilson would be allowed to shoot the fleeing suspect. Because he is a dangerous threat to people.
if it wasnt right it would have been flamed to death already.
that goes for all forms of govt., its the American way to insure a free people

·
Administrator
22,078 Posts

2 If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.
In the State of Alaska (while I was a LEO), non-LEO needed to be in fear of their life. LEO needed to see a muzzle rising towards them before justification to fire. Non-LEO needed to be in fear of their life. LEO needed to be able to say the knife was moving in their direction (at arm's length) before being justified to fire.

So, yes, LEO (in AK) were held to a higher standard (due to level of training).

I have no problem with thieves dying while attempting to steal. Thieves are esteemed on par with child molesters in my book.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The child molester "has the greater sin".

I live in Missouri these days. It sucks but they seem to be going the right direction. The legislature expanded castle doctrine to your vehicle(no permits required open or concealed) and added stand your ground. The piece of **** governor vetoed it, and the legislature over rode his veto.

At the Darren Wilson grand jury presser, the DA said Wilson was lawful to shoot in Missouri because Brown tried to take his gun and assaulted him. I know that isn't the same every where.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The child molester "has the greater sin".

I live in Missouri these days. It sucks but they seem to be going the right direction. The legislature expanded castle doctrine to your vehicle(no permits required open or concealed) and added stand your ground. The piece of **** governor vetoed it, and the legislature over rode his veto.
Treason.... Get a rope.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Treason.... Get a rope.
Nah. Just get voter ID laws passed and illegal aliens and others can't vote for Obama 5 and 6 times. Then the they cannot stop the Trump tidal wave.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow. Did I read that correctly? Child Molestor = Thievery, in terms of criminal hierarchy?
Guess he really hates thieves...

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yep.

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
Man, that's tough on crime.

·
Registered
833 Posts
We would be crucified for trying to protect our property here. You need to prove that your life was in imminent danger to have any shred of justifiability.
I like your laws better... one more down.
It was always said in Detroit that if you shoot someone have him found inside the house.... somehow..:a24:

·
Registered
515 Posts
It was always said in Detroit that if you shoot someone have him found inside the house.... somehow..:a24:
Yea, my CPL instructor even had a section on "why you shouldn't do that", and "what the consequences could be for tampering with a crime scene".

1 - 20 of 65 Posts