6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved an email with an ad for 6mm GT brass. Looking up the specs, it seems like it might make a good starting point for 270AR brass.

The cost was about 3/4 of 6.5x47 Lapua.

·
Registered
14,090 Posts
I recieved an email with an ad for 6mm GT brass. Looking up the specs, it seems like it might make a good starting point for 270AR brass.

The cost was about 3/4 of 6.5x47 Lapua.
Yeah, too bad that brass wasn't around when I first designed the 270AR. You will need to trim the neck a little and it will push the bottom of the shoulder back .020 but that's it. Lots better than using 6.5x47 brass.

Reactions: Ed308

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sized my first 6mm GT brass today for my 270AR. New one is in the middle. Older 270AR brass from 308 Palma on the left. New GT brass on the right. I trimmed the neck a little short, but it will shoot. You can see the shoulder bumped back ever so slightly. I didn't trim after necking up and crushed a couple pieces trying to figure it out. You have to neck up, then trim, then size. I'm happy we have an easy way to convert brass now. I just ordered a couple hundred more, so I'll have enough to last a very long time with 500 pieces.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I dip them in dry neck lube before neck sizing 27T first then run through die trim neck size 27E while I prime and then load works for me in all my 270ar's

·
Registered
106 Posts
H any chance you will offer the 270 AR barrels and dies again now that the 6mm gt brass is available? I have 2 of your 6.8 barrels and love them. I thought long and hard about the 270 AR but wasn't sure I wanted to deal with converting brass for it. It looks like the 6 gt brass would be a lot easier and now I am wanting one again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
795 Posts
I still love my 270AR. It’s my go to hunting rifle here in South Georgia. I took this buck with it last week. DRT

·
Registered
15 Posts
6GT brass is THE way to make 270AR. The original 270 thread is gone.... so much work by so many guys.
20" 5r & 18" 3r 270 AR makes 6.5 grendel sit in the corner and cry like a 8itch!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just ordered 200. 1/2 price of the 6.5X47. I have 100 BigDawg did years ago, and another 100 formed from 308. Should be enough to last me awhile in a hunting rifle

·
Registered
14,090 Posts
Reactions: Denny2277

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just ordered 200. 1/2 price of the 6.5X47. I have 100 BigDawg did years ago, and another 100 formed from 308. Should be enough to last me awhile in a hunting rifle
Where did you order the 6mm GT brass from? Thank you in advance. I have 2 early barrels, bolts and a set of dies yet to be used. I ordered the 6.5x47 brass back then and sent it to bigdawg to get formed but USPS destroyed it. Got my check and the empty box back. Never reordered. Would like to get back to it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Where did you order the 6mm GT brass from? Thank you in advance. I have 2 early barrels, bolts and a set of dies yet to be used. I ordered the 6.5x47 brass back then and sent it to bigdawg to get formed but USPS destroyed it. Got my check and the empty box back. Never reordered. Would like to get back to it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts