6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this past wed morning I was drinking my coffee and reading the 6.8 forum, like I do every morning. I decided to click on the ad for cameralandny.com at the top of the forum and entered their monthly contest. Well apparently the drawing was that same day, because at about 2PM I got an email saying that I had won a Vortex Ranger 1500 and to contact them. I called to confirm address and it shipped out that same day. I received on Fri. I've never really had much luck with these type of contests and often wondered if real people actually won these things. If you go here you can see my name and I mentioned that I was from 6.8 forum.

The Ranger 1500 seems to be a nice unit, although this is the first one I have experience with so take that for what it is worth. I have had no problems getting readings from 10-600 yards(have not tested further). The specs says it will do reflective targets out to 1500 yards and non reflective targets out to 750 yards. The shop at work is 75ft long and the reading was exactly 25 yards every time. The unit is compact and simple to use, just press the button once to wake up and a second time to take reading.

I tried to get some pics of the units display, but could not get any good pics.

I wasn't really in the market for a range finder, but if any one is this one seems pretty nice and Vortex has a good warranty as well.

Note: I have no relationship with Vortex or Camera Land. I am just an average schmuck that got lucky for a change. I hope it is ok to post this. I thought since they advertise here it might be ok.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
So this past wed morning I was drinking my coffee and reading the 6.8 forum, like I do every morning. I decided to click on the ad for cameralandny.com at the top of the forum and entered their monthly contest. Well apparently the drawing was that same day, because at about 2PM I got an email saying that I had won a Vortex Ranger 1500 and to contact them. I called to confirm address and it shipped out that same day. I received on Fri. I've never really had much luck with these type of contests and often wondered if real people actually won these things. If you go here you can see my name and I mentioned that I was from 6.8 forum.

The Ranger 1500 seems to be a nice unit, although this is the first one I have experience with so take that for what it is worth. I have had no problems getting readings from 10-600 yards(have not tested further). The specs says it will do reflective targets out to 1500 yards and non reflective targets out to 750 yards. The shop at work is 75ft long and the reading was exactly 25 yards every time. The unit is compact and simple to use, just press the button once to wake up and a second time to take reading.

I tried to get some pics of the units display, but could not get any good pics.

I wasn't really in the market for a range finder, but if any one is this one seems pretty nice and Vortex has a good warranty as well.

Note: I have no relationship with Vortex or Camera Land. I am just an average schmuck that got lucky for a change. I hope it is ok to post this. I thought since they advertise here it might be ok.
congrats you lucky dog! i've never won anything like that

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Nice score?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts