1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
66 Posts
DO NOT DONATE TO WINRED WWW.GOP dot com, it is a SCAM. You may agree to a one time donation but they will rebill you every month. Your CC will not reverse the charges.
The problem is the option to bill every month is selected by default. You have to uncheck it. It shouldn’t be the default, but it is.

It appears you can get help, here. Support - WinRed

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The problem is the option to bill every month is selected by default. You have to uncheck it. It shouldn’t be the default, but it is.

It appears you can get help, here. Support - WinRed
This started 6/20- The problem is I talked to a man who said he would refund the second 100 which he did but then they waited 2 months and rebilled again. I Got on their site and followed the instructions for both charges and they said they had removed me and refunded the charges. I disputed the charges on the card and changed CC numbers twice trying to stop it. Now they rebilled me again 9/14. I ended up cancelling my CC altogether.
Reviews- Winred.com Reviews - Read Customer Reviews of winred.com Before You Buy

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you change CC numbers, how do they get the new card number?

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The winred website is designed to deceive donors. Someone in that organization had to tell the website designer to make it that way. Winred gets a percentage of all donations, it's like an advertising company for Republicans.

·
Super Moderator
11,855 Posts
I wonder if any of it is going to the party or is it just a scam from the word go?

Reactions: constructor

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Review by BettyJo Ozwirk 1 week ago
I was asked to donate and there would be a match of 400%.
I donated $45 and as I was going through the process the number changed just as I was hitting the donate button. They charged me credit card for $225. That was the total of my donation and the 400% match.
Donators be ware!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’m not saying other people aren’t having issues since I pointed out the default are wrong. However, I do know that most web developers don’t care. So, it’s not farfetched to “accidentally” have the wrong default due to poor developers with no quality control.

As far as the 400% match charging the person 400% goes. I’ve done the high matching a number of times and never had an issue with the number that I’m matching changing. YMMV.

It also should be harder to accidentally donate too much. but that’s not quite a scam.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts