6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Winchester is finally getting into the 6.8 spc game. I’ve had good luck with quality of there brass in the past. Just hoping for small primer pockets and a reasonable price.
A1532521-BEB9-4A72-9628-EDD3D70D4402.jpeg

·
Registered
2,211 Posts

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
More the better...
Look forward to having another bullet and brass in the wild. We need more cheap options, we have plenty of high performance options but not enough plinkers especially for the non reloaders out there.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,110 Posts
I have reloaded .243 Winchester brass so many times I lost track. Never a problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow this really is good news. There has always been a part of me that fears for the extinction of this chambering.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Who knows what it's going to be . The box says 120 grain and the write up says 115 grain . Manufacturers specs / bullet descriptions are almost always sales department generated and may not represent the true product . Hopefully this will be a new bullet and brass option .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Love to get my hands on some, but atm 2 or more bucks a round isn't good.

Glad to see more options, more the better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Glad to see since the purpose of my 6.8 is Whitetails... Has this been seen in a store yet? Around me the stores have nothing on the shelves except for a box or two of some caliber you've never heard of.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Someone here made the excellent observation that Winchester started making 6.8 SPC ammo at the same time it introduced its big brother, the 6.8 Western Loudenboomer.* It looks like Winchester's marketing department thinks it important to have a 6.8 "family" of cartridges.

* Ok, OK, they didn't call it the Loudenboomer....... but maybe they should have.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Friend o’ mine shoots the XP’s in a different caliber and loves them. His shop hasn’t received any of the 6.8’s yet so he hasn’t gotten any feedback from customers. Hope I can help him out with that soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
cannot find online so must not be out yet?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Since they cannot keep up with existing products, not sure how likely they will get a new product shipped out.

Still glad they are working on it.
I actually see the fact new chamberings are coming out as a good sign . If manufacturers thought the current crices were going to continue they would not be expanding their line .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts