6.8 SPC Forums banner

Winchester 6.8 spc

12K views 41 replies 27 participants last post by  Bushdog45 
#1 ·
Looks like Winchester is finally getting into the 6.8 spc game. I've had good luck with quality of there brass in the past. Just hoping for small primer pockets and a reasonable price.
Tin Carton Font Gas Packaging and labeling

See less See more
#3 ·
More the better...
Look forward to having another bullet and brass in the wild. We need more cheap options, we have plenty of high performance options but not enough plinkers especially for the non reloaders out there.

#6 ·
#9 ·
Who knows what it's going to be . The box says 120 grain and the write up says 115 grain . Manufacturers specs / bullet descriptions are almost always sales department generated and may not represent the true product . Hopefully this will be a new bullet and brass option .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Someone here made the excellent observation that Winchester started making 6.8 SPC ammo at the same time it introduced its big brother, the 6.8 Western Loudenboomer.* It looks like Winchester's marketing department thinks it important to have a 6.8 "family" of cartridges.

* Ok, OK, they didn't call it the Loudenboomer....... but maybe they should have.

#30 ·
Friend o' mine shoots the XP's in a different caliber and loves them. His shop hasn't received any of the 6.8's yet so he hasn't gotten any feedback from customers. Hope I can help him out with that soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I keep the XPs on hand in 6.5C & 308 Win. They both punch above their price class.

Their external and terminal ballistics have me looking forward to the 6.8 SPC version, especially if they're as hot they're claiming. Real Interested in chronoing them out of the 20 inch ARP and work up dope for them for this fall.

At this rate it will be fall before I can get my hands on some...

#25 ·
Need pictures!

Did I say Need Pictures?

#33 ·
Sportsman's Warehouse in Phoenix has 6.8 Western ammunition in stock.

They also had Federal fusion 165 grain 308 win In stock but I wasn't going to pay the $40 a box gouging prices they want for it.

Reactions: earlytom
#38 ·
Sportsman's Warehouse in Phoenix has 6.8 Western ammunition in stock.
View attachment 68100
They also had Federal fusion 165 grain 308 win In stock but I wasn't going to pay the $40 a box gouging prices they want for it.
Almost worth buying and pulling the projectiles for my 270 I am putting together lol

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.