6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No it will not.

I took a 10rd CPD and ASC and stuffed em with 223 shells after work yesterday. The CPD held 12 and the ASC held 11 (Might have been able to force another, but didnt want to damage anything), and when I went to fire the gun, it picked up the first 3 round without an issue, then it started double feeding. It will pick up the left side without an issue, but when it trys to feed off of the right the next round would jump out and jam everything up. I also noticed that the rounds had to ride the feed ramps almost the whole way, as the mag lips were not correct for the 223 shells.
So for all of you out there who had been wondering, use 556/223 mags for 556/223 and 6.8 mags for 6.8....:a19:

·
Registered
259 Posts
So for all of you out there who had been wondering, use 556/223 mags for 556/223 and 6.8 mags for 6.8....:a19:
Are you sure? We have to buy separate mags for each type of ammo? (Please note sarcasm). Thanks for doing this hopefully it will convince people to just get the proper tools for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
545 Posts
But when the 6.8 Pmags for the LWRC platform come out I'm sure they'll be able to shoot 5.56 right?So can you use 5.56 Pmags for 6.8? (dripping with sarcasm) Thanks for conducting this test for curiosity's sake.

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is a really good reason to mark your magazines in some distinctive way such as Duracoating the bottoms in different colors for different calibers. I once drove half an hour to shoot in a match, paid the entry fee and was getting ready for my turn when I found that I had grabbed up the wrong magazine pouch! Good thing it was not a SHTF bug out situation like when Katrina hit.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problems, I had seen a smattering of threads over the last few weeks of people asking if it would work or not. The general consensus was that it wouldnt, but no one knew, so I said WTH, and tried it. Didnt cost me more than a few min of time.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Finally, this question has been answered and it dos'nt have to come up again, or next week, whichever comes first.

·
9,111 Posts
This isn't usually the question.

The question that all the naysayers want to ask is "will 6.8 feed out of a 5.56mag?" Or "can you use a Pmag"

And yes we will continue to get this question over an over.

Thanks for posting this though. Maybe if someone actually does do a search maybe they will find it.

Sent from my island villa by carrier pigeon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts