6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
11,671 Posts
As Strawdog said with a wildcat if the headspace is set by the reloader adjusting the die. If the dies are screwed down too far there is too much headspace, if not screwed down far enough there is too little headspace.

If the bolt moves freely in the carrier change the gas rings.

That said, the cases in the photo do not look right. I'll be here in Tennessee until the first of October. Please send the barrel and bolt to me and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on if not I'll just swap barrels.

· Premium Member
11,671 Posts
Did you see this, several posts ago?
"As Strawdog said with a wildcat if the headspace is set by the reloader adjusting the die. If the dies are screwed down too far there is too much headspace, if not screwed down far enough there is too little headspace.

If the bolt moves freely in the carrier change the gas rings.

That said, the cases in the photo do not look right. I'll be here in Tennessee until the first of October. Please send the barrel and bolt to me and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on if not I'll just swap barrels."

So now we are in the Keys until the first of May, If you want to send it (barrel, bolt, 2 fired cases, and 1 new case if you have one)to me I'll check it out. I may not have all the parts here but if I get it before Christmas I may be able to get my wife to send parts back to me from TN. PM or Email me for address in FL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts