6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got her second deer ever last night with her 6.8 I built her. She is almost 8 months pregnant with our first boy. She was beyond excited.

He was a little over 100 yards away and went maybe 70 after she shot him. 100 grain softpoint handloads (discontinued Hornady bullets), double lung, only hit ribs on both sides. She hit him a little above the centerline and he didn't bleed very good, but the exit hole in his ribcage was about half dollar size. The bullet did its job for sure.

Rifle is ARP 14.7" pinned and welded, Trijicon Accupoint 3-9. Very light and handy.

Smile Hunting Deer hunting Plant Carnivore
Smile Hunting Deer hunting Cargo pants Military camouflage

·
Administrator
22,143 Posts
Congrats... and, a fine buck for the freezer too.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Awesome! That's a keeper! Hard to tell, is that an 8 point? Congratulations all around. Good luck with the future young one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
congrats on a beautiful buck and the baby!

My wife got her second deer ever last night with her 6.8 I built her. She is almost 8 months pregnant with our first boy. She was beyond excited.

He was a little over 100 yards away and went maybe 70 after she shot him. 100 grain softpoint handloads (discontinued Hornady bullets), double lung, only hit ribs on both sides. She hit him a little above the centerline and he didn't bleed very good, but the exit hole in his ribcage was about half dollar size. The bullet did its job for sure.

Rifle is ARP 14.7" pinned and welded, Trijicon Accupoint 3-9. Very light and handy.

View attachment 74118 View attachment 74119

1 - 13 of 13 Posts