6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to relate why I order ammo from SSA, besides the obvious things like they have the best loaded ammo you can buy and the most accurate and loaded to the correct specs for the modern chambers and such. I called them today and was talking to Nancy and asked them if they had any accubonds in stock (they do) and that I heard they where going to be loading the TNT (they are and should be there next week) I mentioned how one of my rifles didnt like feeding the 90 grain varmiter round. She said "oh I bet Art knows how to fix that" well Art wasn't in his office so we chatted some more and I ordered my ammo and hung up. Well not 10 minutes later Art calls me back and explains how with some of the mags they dont feed correctly and if I open the feed lips up a little then the round will tilt up a little more and it should fix the feeding issue. Then I mentioned how I wished they mad a 110 Vmax type round for anti personnel and varmints and such like the tap round but loaded to the combat specs and all that. Then we started chatting about this or that and I was driving to meet the GF for lunch and I dropped the call in the mountains. But once I got signal back I called nancy to tell Art thanks for calling and how I really appreciate that you can call a company and get such great customer service.

I already let them know but I was so blown away that the owner of the company would call me back about a issue that didn't have anything to do with his product and then after the issue was resolved he would just shoot the crap for another 20 minutes or so about other products and such.

I already buy my 6.8 ammo from them and started buying my 7.62 ammo from them and I will continue to support such a great company.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Z09SS said:
I just order a mint and they send free ammo!
:lol: That's funny! :lol:

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The candy is definitely a plus :D

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
littleclub said:
Watch out for the red ones,whew :oops:
Damn straight...! :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
21 Posts
owenslee said:
littleclub said:
Watch out for the red ones,whew :oops:
Damn straight...! :oops: :oops: :oops:
I like the red ones . . . except when FedEx ground plays football with the box and distributes crushed candy all over the entire contents. On the upside, I found individually cleaning the rounds to be surprisingly calming. :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Damn straight...! :oops: :oops: :oops:[/quote]
I like the red ones . . . except when FedEx ground plays football with the box and distributes crushed candy all over the entire contents. . :)[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: That comment reminded me of the first "Ace Ventura- Pet Detective" movie. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I once ordered 10 boxes of ammo from them that was out of stock. Nancy called me and they substituted a better round for the same price and sold me 11 boxes so that I could get the discount. That's customer service! I shoot nothing but SSA in my 6.8

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ya gotta de-lacquer them?

The guy shooting next to me at the range yesterday told me that if you don't wipe off SSA stuff with a de-laquering agent, like terpentine, then the laquer will gum-up your works as the weapon heats-up and melts it off. True/False?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know that was an issue with Wolf ammo but I can't find any laquer on SSA cases and can't think of a reason for them to use it. Maybe the guy was on liquer? :lol:

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Re: Ya gotta de-lacquer them?

amram said:
The guy shooting next to me at the range yesterday told me that if you don't wipe off SSA stuff with a de-laquering agent, like terpentine, then the lacquer will gum-up your works as the weapon heats-up and melts it off. True/False?
The guy next to you at the range is full of Bull $hit...

The green colored lacquer coated steel cased Com Block ammo is what he is referring to. It CAN cause a failure to extract after extended firing.

Even Wolf has now replaced lacquer with a Grey polymer coating to eliminate past problems.

SSA ammo is all clean brass cased with no coating.

Kerry

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Re: Ya gotta de-lacquer them?

owenslee said:
amram said:
The guy shooting next to me at the range yesterday told me that if you don't wipe off SSA stuff with a de-laquering agent, like terpentine, then the lacquer will gum-up your works as the weapon heats-up and melts it off. True/False?
The guy next to you at the range is full of...
Yup, he needs to lay off the crack enemas before shooting! :mrgreen:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts