6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who in you're guys opinion will end up having the best bang for the buck 1-6x scope? I know there is a lack of reviews right now so this is mainly a guessing and predicting game.

My bet is on SWFA. And thats just going from how well their 1-4x looked

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
SWFA In the hunt for sure. Leupold VX6 and Mark 6 look good. Bushnell 1-6 tacticals have potential. The GRCS 1-6 is getting good press.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
from all the reviews of the GRDC1-4 I think that will be a good one...

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I follow the ARFCOM thread about Ed Verdugo and his GRSC scopes. Very interesting story. I may try one of the 1-4s.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I've handled Ed's 1-6. It's awesome especially for the price point. I'm not huge on the combat reticule style scopes in general simply because I enjoy making smaller groups at longer ranges than I'm able to do with a dot but, had Nightforce put it's name on the very same scope the price would be at least double.
I also handled the new (I think) dual plane Bushnell at SHOT. Very impressive. Retail is about $2000.00 but if actual street price looks close to $1000.00 I'll get one. Odd thing about the scope is at single magnification it appears to reduce image scale. I had to twist it up a tad to get to true 1X.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
I follow the ARFCOM thread about Ed Verdugo and his GRSC scopes. Very interesting story. I may try one of the 1-4s.
I almost did but I always want more top end magnification. I wanted to try the 1-6 but I picked up that 1.5-8, still want a 1-6 though

·
Registered
839 Posts
Try the March 1-10. If ya got some cash burning a hole in your pocket.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts

·
9,178 Posts
I cant find that thread I linked from snipershide about the IOR 1x10. It is heavy and if the lighting isnt perfect then the red dot cant be used with both eyes open. Kind of needed in a lot of enviroments.

What needs to happen is S&B get off there asses and get the 1x8 short dot out on the market. that will be the game changer.

For those looking at 1x4's dont forget the Meopta. It is actually a good piece of glass.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I cant find that thread I linked from snipershide about the IOR 1x10. It is heavy and if the lighting isnt perfect then the red dot cant be used with both eyes open. Kind of needed in a lot of enviroments.

What needs to happen is S&B get off there asses and get the 1x8 short dot out on the market. that will be the game changer.

For those looking at 1x4's dont forget the Meopta. It is actually a good piece of glass.
Hmmm....didn't know you linked it James...I would have thought these would have been done perfectly with IOR's rep. I guess everyone is struggling to perfect the 1-8's or 1-10's.

·
9,178 Posts
Hmmm....didn't know you linked it James...I would have thought these would have been done perfectly with IOR's rep. I guess everyone is struggling to perfect the 1-8's or 1-10's.
this isnt the one that I linked before but it is one that a local guy that I know had one and had the problems and it went back to IOR and they are addressing it before release.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2926937&page=all

It is bulky and the RD seems to be the crutch right now.

·
Registered
565 Posts
man, I tell you, as much as I want to like the IOR scopes they just consistently lose me when it comes to:
-exit pupils at higher mags
-eye relief
-internal elevation travel
-poor customer service reports
-goofy reticle/knob combo (seems like they cant just do a MOA/MOA or MIL/MIL, there always has to some stupid BDC in there somewhere)

the glass is nice, they are built well, and their magnifcation ranges are near perfect, but then they lose me!!

just dern it!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
the USO 1.8-10x has some nice features and a decent price point.
USO's new site is better than it's old one. I like the 1.8-10x too. I like their features and how you can configure them to the way you want and the reticle choices.

·
Registered
565 Posts
USO's new site is better than it's old one. I like the 1.8-10x too. I like their features and how you can configure them to the way you want and the reticle choices.
yeah, they make it REAL easy to spend money on optics dont they. I was up to $2200 from $1600 when I quit!!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts