6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO, I'M HOTROD FROM KENTUCKY, I JUST GOT MY 6.8X43MM UPPER FOR MY AR-15 LOWER, FROM MODLE1SALES.COM W/ E.R SHAW BARRLES, IT'S NICE! BUT THE > P.R.I 25RD MAGS #05-6805, SUCKS IT HAVE A FEEDING PROBLEMS,I'M NOT SURE WHAT? THE SPRING MAY NOT BE STRONG ENOUGH?THEY HAVE MAGPUL BLACK FOLLOWS AND THEY SUCK PRETTY BAD! MY QUESTION IS WHO&WHERE CAN I BUY THE BEST 6.8 MAGS NO PROBLEMS???? THANKS FOR READING ,HOTROD[/b]

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
What kind of problems are you having? Before you do anything, check out the link below and see if your magazine lips need to be tweaked. Your upper probably doesn't have the M4 feed ramps so you have to make sure the tip of the bullets are pointed up like in the link below.

http://ko-tonics.com/files/Mag-Feed-Lip-Tweak.pdf

If that still doesn't fix it, I would just call PRI and have them send you a new one. PRI makes the best magazines and they are great guys. Just give them a chance to fix it and you will be very happy with the magazones. They even used to make the magazines for Barrett. Also, C-products uses the same followers.

Let me know if you need any more help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've never used PRI, but always heard they were good. But I've got CProducts for mine and they run fine. Albeit my 6.8 doesn't see real heavy abuse so take that for what it's worth. Most just slow shooting at the range from standing, benched and prone.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you can find them try the Barrett 30 round mags. They cost about as much as the PRI's and load and feed smoother. The feed lips are already adjusted so the rounds sit at an upward angle.

Downsides are the 30 rounders are heavier and longer than the 25 round mags.

·
Registered
5 Posts
6.8 MAGS

I got my upper from Model 1 Sales, and I have a DPMS lower. I have mags from Pro Mag, PRI and C Products, all have fed OK, no misfeeds at all, but I have only shot Remington 115gr FMJ. The problem I have is that the C Products mag is the only one that will drop free, all others have to be pulled out. So my vote goes to C Products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts