6.8 SPC Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Nice!
I don't know that could be done. That's cool.

Yeah, my 85 is an ambi 75. Svelte for a double stack. The action is smooth as silk. It's got some kind of wonder finish on it that I swear you could pour a quart of oil on it and it would soak it up without feeling slippery.
The 40sw barre and the sp01 9mm barrel share the same od. The sp01 barrels are a little thicker than standard 75 9mm barrels. The blue follower mecgar mags work with both 9mm and 40 though the markings don’t match for both.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The 40sw barre and the sp01 9mm barrel share the same od. The sp01 barrels are a little thicker than standard 75 9mm barrels. The blue follower mecgar mags work with both 9mm and 40 though the markings don’t match for both.
Thanks for the info. Don't know if I can do that with my 85 without changing the slide too, but I will definitely keep that in mind. I already have a few of the Mecgar mags.

I just looked at your post again on shooting the hogs in Texas with your CZ. Perfect shot! From my experience, adrenaline fueled hogs can soak up a lot of 9 mm.

Reactions: earlytom

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have an ambi 75b in 40s&w that I turned into my competition gun. I then switched out a stock sp01 9mm barrel to convert it. Sweet sweet shooter.
@sfs13, now that is a slick trick!. Thank you for the info. I will be on a SP01 9mm barrel for my 75B ambi. My non CZ mags are the McGar blue. Now I need to to figure out the P-09 may just end up with a new slide for it.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
@sfs What/who's barrel did you get and did you need to do any fitting?
Only works if you have a 40sw. I got a CZ brand barrel from Cajun Gun Works (mines threaded but wish i had gotten standard), if you order from them go ahead and at least get the blue spring kit for $17-20. The barrel does require some fitting but its wasn't hard to do with a file, sharpie and sandpaper to finish it with. There are plenty of instructions on fitting floating out there.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Only works if you have a 40sw. I got a CZ brand barrel from Cajun Gun Works (mines threaded but wish i had gotten standard), if you order from them go ahead and at least get the blue spring kit for $17-20. The barrel does require some fitting but its wasn't hard to do with a file, sharpie and sandpaper to finish it with. There are plenty of instructions on fitting floating out there.
Yes sir what I have is '02' 75B 40 S&W. A Cajun std CZ Barrel it will be.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

That was my first instinct, I will take your advice, and pick up the Blue Spring Kit too. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
It looks like they have made it a $29 kit now by adding a few more springs and you may need a replacement trigger pin as well. May also get a 14lb power recoil spring for increased reliability with weaker (not hot/nato) loads

·
Registered
487 Posts
It looks like they have made it a $29 kit now by adding a few more springs and you may need a replacement trigger pin as well. May also get a 14lb power recoil spring for increased reliability with weaker (not hot/nato) loads
Copy on the kit and pin. Should be alright on the recoil spring, I use the CZ 75 B Full Size Recoil Reduction Spring Rod from DPM Systems. It works pretty good with 40 in the 75B and the P09. The kits have different springs. A little on the expensive side, but worth it to me so far. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

·
Registered
487 Posts
So far I only have a few CZ rifles, but I am currently looking into buying a p09. Looks to be a sweet gun!
The P09 is my EDC. I think you'll like it. You may want to get it in 40 if you can find one. A 40 P09 is easy to convert to 9mm. You can't go the other way, maybe with another slide you can. We have a 22lr Cadet slide for ours.

We really like our CZs. The 75B is semi retired now. The better half rolls with a 83 which is crazy accurate. No rifles yet, but I am sure we will be adding a few before we're done.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I’m thinking about getting a 9mm for carry. I do love the hammer fired 75 family but I recently fondled a p10c at a local store. Good ergonomics and a slick trigger. Anyone have experience with the striker fired models?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts