6.8 SPC Forums banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I feel like you didn't see the rest of the video, I'm not interested in that weird pistol grip/stock thing, I was talking more about the shotguns with stocks.....

Or like this guy:

What would be so hard about operating one of those besides the increase in recoil with a short barrel shotgun maybe?
Interesting, I've never tried a shotgun with a pistol brace...

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's a good, reliable semi-auto 12 gauge shotgun? Anyone look at that Black Aces Tactical? Is it any good?

Lightweight or short stock for lady?
Mossberg makes a nice youth 20ga pump. I bought one for my mom. Lighter recoil and still gives the universal don't come in here sound when they are on the other side of the door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put this in the humor for the day thread... but, it belongs here too.

THIS is what is brewing in Seattle. THIS is what is being demanded. THIS is what is being rioted about. THIS is what We the People are being told to bow to. The rest of the far left metro areas are watching Seattle. Seattle is the test lab for this agenda. This would be laughable if it weren't being pandered to. This city is negotiating with domestic terrorists.

Seattle CHOP organizer: 'I'm not here to peacefully protest'
That woman thinks she wants a war. She has no idea how badly she will lose. Emotions will get you killed and she may well learn that firsthand.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I keep a Remington 1100 with a 5 round tube extender for clearing the house and lawn. First 5 rounds are #9 shot. Next 6 are 00 Buck. If the job gets bigger than that I'd be comfortable with a 6.8 SPC or 5.56. They are both in their respective hiding spots in the house though and might be harder to get to depending on the size/eminence of the threat. The wife is amazingly good at handling her 22lr VTR and could provide cover as I switched platforms. That's in the event of some kind of zombie apocalypse though. From what I've seen on video of the Antifa dirt bags they cry and scream for the cops as soon as the first one hits the deck. Funny how they cry "defund" in one breath and "help me" in the next.

Hope I never have to find out, but ready in the event I do.

·
Registered
90 Posts
In a recent story by NBC the reporter (propaganda writer) admitted the recent demonstration in a small city in Oregon didn't turn violent was likely due to the locals showing up heavily armed to protect their city.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I probably don't have to worry about antifa where I live. IF i lived in a more populated area, I would probably end up with a big grill guard on my pickup and possibly a "V snow plow" in front of that. Just in case snowflakes started appearing in front of me.

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
This is a sensitive subject and I'm sorry for the way I'm about to say this but I talk to a lot of people every day and many say the same thing. " I have 2 ARs and 2 pistols and a boat load of shotguns and bolt action rifles so I will mow them down if they show up here."
99% of us will never have any trouble from anyone but if you or I am one of the unlucky few don't think for a minute you are better armed than everyone else. Sorry here- White guys don't buy 10 AKs at a time because they think they may raise a red flag. Around Atlanta blacks and Mexicans were buying as many as they could stack on a hand truck and the guys with them bought as much ammo they could stack on another hand truck. When I use to run the gunshow market I would watch that happen 4-5 times a day every weekend for almost 3 years. Don't think you will be better armed than the other guy, don't think they whoever they are will only have a pistol in their car because they may have several AKs in there too. ...you better be faster and more accurate with your shot placement. Practice and make sure your rig is reliable just in case something does pop up and you can't get away.

·
Registered
625 Posts
This is a sensitive subject and I'm sorry for the way I'm about to say this but I talk to a lot of people every day and many say the same thing. " I have 2 ARs and 2 pistols and a boat load of shotguns and bolt action rifles so I will mow them down if they show up here."
99% of us will never have any trouble from anyone but if you or I am one of the unlucky few don't think for a minute you are better armed than everyone else. Sorry here- White guys don't buy 10 AKs at a time because they think they may raise a red flag. Around Atlanta blacks and Mexicans were buying as many as they could stack on a hand truck and the guys with them bought as much ammo they could stack on another hand truck. When I use to run the gunshow market I would watch that happen 4-5 times a day every weekend for almost 3 years. Don't think you will be better armed than the other guy, don't think they whoever they are will only have a pistol in their car because they may have several AKs in there too. ...you better be faster and more accurate with your shot placement. Practice and make sure your rig is reliable just in case something does pop up and you can't get away.

Well stated. The same can be said for AR15s over the last few years as the supply was so high and the prices substantially dropped post 2016 election. Owning an AR15 is not uncommon by the average citizen anymore, especially in red states.

Training does and should take precedence over everything. Shooting (precision, combat, etc not just point and jerking the trigger) is a quickly perishable skill. Over the last several years, I have adapted to focus on just a few calibers for ammo commonality solutions, same models for magazine and parts compatibility as well as manual of arms, ergonomics, etc, and train, train, train and then train more. This cannot be emphasized enough, IMO. I gave up about 10 years ago about owning dozens of firearms in multiple models & calibers. Sure, there's stuff Id like to have. But I cant justify them as my primary firearms accomplish the same goal and I've already invested in the spare parts, mags, ammo & training with them.

So to answer the OP and every post like this that comes up every few months; my perfect rifle for SD is the same one I carry daily & have fired more than any other I own. Same goes for pistol work; my EDC that I have fired more than any other.

At the end of the day, this first rule of a gun fight is to bring a gun.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Underestimating your opponent and forgetting that sometimes “shit happens” can have dire consequences.

·
Super Moderator
21,593 Posts
So, you may've heard on the media that "CHAZ/CHOP" (or whatever stupid acronym they want to label it as) is being released, the police will soon be moving back in, and the demonstrations are pretty much over. "CHAZ" is located on Capital Hill in Seattle. Gay Pride starts this weekend... three guesses what area is the home for this? This weekend, the banners will be in celebration of "diversity". After that... I predict the next round of spewage to rise up to disrupt Independence Day.

Oh, and the lead imbecile for WA State has mandated that ALL people WILL be masked up at all times, as of Friday... unless you're stuffing something into your Pie Hole, only as long as it takes to consume it. There's talk of prosecuting those not in compliance. Hmmm.... rioters get a waiver of prosecution. Shoplifters in Seattle do not get prosecuted. There's even talk of pushing through that all Misdemeanors should escape prosecution... but, defy an imbecile about wearing a mask? The full fury of the State comes down... hard. God help, and have mercy on this perverted mess I live in.

·
Super Moderator
21,593 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I live in the country in a conservative county. I find that a very effective defense against most of the domestic problems our main stream media goes on and on about. I don't go looking for problems but I understand not all like minded people can be as fortunate as I am also retired.
I want to point out that the title of this thread is biased and inappropriate in today's politically correct world. AR pistols/ PDWs, shotguns, handguns and Any Other Weapons all have rights too. Our domestic security and rights should not be limited to rifles. I prefer diversity in my gun safe, however I have chosen to safe queen my police riot 12ga shotgun in favor of a suppressed Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW in 300 BO with 225 gr subs.
I guess i'm just not woke enough when it comes to dealing with existential situations. Should've read, 'Primary belligerent eliminator device'. Thanks for pointing out my long gun privilege.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I strongly discourage anyone from going out and mowing down ANTIFA, but everyone who is sick of the lawlessness in their communities needs to get their behind down to their community centers when these "protests" start and make sure they do not turn violent. Coeur d' Alene, Idaho is a prime example of what happens when the local community shows up to maintain order. No issues, no violence, no one hurt and the community at large loved to see people out ready to protect the community as a whole. Heck, they are throwing a thank you banquet for those who came out and drove out the insurgents.

Multiple car, van and bus loads of ANTIFA showed up from Spokane, Washington. They cruised around, saw the odds were majorly stacked against them, tried to incite the local protestors and were asked to leave. They left. Sure they were verbally violent and made threats, but at the end of it all they were out numbered by the everyday common citizen and they took their circus to another town, namely Seattle.

If you don't want them kicking in your door then knock them down before they get the mob riled up. If you wait until they are kicking down your door to act then you will lose. It's a matter of numbers and at that point they will have the advantage. Remember, when seconds count the police are only minutes away!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I live in the country in a conservative county. I find that a very effective defense against most of the domestic problems our main stream media goes on and on about. I don't go looking for problems but I understand not all like minded people can be as fortunate as I am also retired.
I want to point out that the title of this thread is biased and inappropriate in today's politically correct world. AR pistols/ PDWs, shotguns, handguns and Any Other Weapons all have rights too. Our domestic security and rights should not be limited to rifles. I prefer diversity in my gun safe, however I have chosen to safe queen my police riot 12ga shotgun in favor of a suppressed Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW in 300 BO with 225 gr subs.
Black rifles matter!

I have a safe of black guns locked up. Does that make me a racist for keeping them locked up? My wife's purple Tanfoglio glitter gun is in there, so we got that segment of society covered. We've got some all natural wood. A few with camo. Does the all stainless pistols and rifles count as white privilege??

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I probably don't have to worry about antifa where I live. IF i lived in a more populated area, I would probably end up with a big grill guard on my pickup and possibly a "V snow plow" in front of that. Just in case snowflakes started appearing in front of me.
We should all worry about Antifa (communists) and what it stands for. They want you, they want me, they want it all burned to the ground so they can rebuild it in their vision. They came for IN GOD WE TRUST, they've come for the confederate statues, now they're coming for Ulysses S Grant, Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. All of these things are part of the core beliefs and founding that built the greatest country and civilization on Earth and ALL of that, everything that exists today is a reminder of our history, good or bad, makes no difference. It's our History, they want to erase it, they want it destroyed and you and me along with it. So make no mistake, they will not stop until they have their boot on your neck.

This isn't a joke. There will be only one option left and that is the only choice their ideology is going to leave them.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts