6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Long before that... comes the realization of: "Four more years." Will there be anything LEFT to burn/loot?
Hence why I just bought my plot of land. 40 minutes by main road north of a small town, then 4 miles on dirt roads to get to it. Just need to get some minor coviences out there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My 10mm banshee for home defense. Debating on Shotgun or a 10mm pistol next. Leaning towards the pistol. Lets me give my shield to the wife. Finally making a gun convert out of her
The G40 (Glock 6" version) is a nice 10mm. I carried a G20 concealed for many years.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Leave me alone in rural East Texas and you won't know I'm around. Come back to rob me again, kill cattle, and similar mischief and I won't play nice.

A thermal scope on a suppressed rifle at night is hard to defend against when you are on drugs or intent on looting and arson.

I'm against bad policing like most people but, that doesn't excuse destroying the lives of people that have nothing to do with the issues a lot of people are burning and looting for. The vast majority of police are there for the right things but, that seems to be lost in cellphone footage of a few rotten cops that need to go away for a long long time. In what part of the USA is the life of a man or woman worth $20?

·
Registered
361 Posts
The G40 (Glock 6" version) is a nice 10mm. I carried a G20 concealed for many years.
Not a fan of glocks. They feel like Im holding a brick. Either way, pistols will have to wait. Need to get my bolt hole property at least minimal supplied and a shelter up.

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
Leave me alone in rural East Texas and you won't know I'm around. Come back to rob me again, kill cattle, and similar mischief and I won't play nice.

A thermal scope on a suppressed rifle at night is hard to defend against when you are on drugs or intent on looting and arson.

I'm against bad policing like most people but, that doesn't excuse destroying the lives of people that have nothing to do with the issues a lot of people are burning and looting for. The vast majority of police are there for the right things but, that seems to be lost in cellphone footage of a few rotten cops that need to go away for a long long time. In what part of the USA is the life of a man or woman worth $20?
Same here, we are in a quiet area of east Tennessee and unlikely to see any violence. 40 miles away is a different story, a muslim cut the throats of 3 women at a quickmart/fuel just off interstate 40 last year. I'm not going out looking for trouble but if it beats on my door I'll do what I need to do.

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
Just my opinion but shotguns like that are terrible to control. You can only shoot from the hip, can't aim and it's really tough to point accurately from the hip. You can stick a laser on it but that is still not as fast to get on target as when looking down the barrel.
As for Black Aces quality, everyone says they are good.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just my opinion but shotguns like that are terrible to control. You can only shoot from the hip, can't aim and it's really tough to point accurately from the hip. You can stick a laser on it but that is still not as fast to get on target as when looking down the barrel.
Total agree.

This type of shotgun might be a little easier in really tight quarters, but you gotta use two hands to operate it. Makes it real difficult to use a flashlight, cell phone or open doors. Yes you can use it one handed with a long lose fitting sling, but they have a tendency to snag. Also, every guy will hate them the first time you let that gun swing loose.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I bought an older Western Auto 12 gauge (Mossberg 500) in rough shape with a Poly Choke and cracked butt stock. I had a Mossberg pistol grip I put on it and cut the barrel to 18¼ inches. Naaa, no bueno. On the list for a real butt stock now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, Constructor, those are some enlightening video clips. That reporter has some huevos to keep her cool and stand her ground as much as she did!

ANTIFA (ANTI-Free America) anti-civil rights and terrified of the truth. They clearly demonstrate the need for the Second Amendment.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That video is just the kind of brainwashed, uneducated , ignorant, low-life trash that populates half of this country. You gonna reason with that? No, you are not. There is no helping these pieces of trash. There is one, ONE only way that this is gonna be cleared up and settled.
As far as my go to, at this point its gonna have to be a 5.56 because I've got all kinds of really nasty pills to administer with a myriad of 5.56 weapons. I've got well over 2K 62gr mk318 rounds, both mod0 and mod 1, 1K+ 62gr fusion rounds I've loaded, 6K+ 62gr TBBC rounds plus many many more of just the bullets to load, 59, 55, and 62 grain Barnes loads not to mention about 1K 60gr GMX loads and for going long I've got several ammo cans full of 75gr TAP and MK262 rounds. In other words, I've got something for each and every one of them.
My 6.8 stock levels are not up to snuff but I am working feverishly to remedy that but dont think that if I meet one of them who looks like they need one of those right between the eyes I wont oblige them.
. As for the rifle, well, probably gonna be one of the Noveske Afghan carbines, have 3 of them though I wouldn't hesitate to grab just about any weapons I have, they're all thoroughly vetted, spare parts on board.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in the country in a conservative county. I find that a very effective defense against most of the domestic problems our main stream media goes on and on about. I don't go looking for problems but I understand not all like minded people can be as fortunate as I am also retired.
I want to point out that the title of this thread is biased and inappropriate in today's politically correct world. AR pistols/ PDWs, shotguns, handguns and Any Other Weapons all have rights too. Our domestic security and rights should not be limited to rifles. I prefer diversity in my gun safe, however I have chosen to safe queen my police riot 12ga shotgun in favor of a suppressed Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW in 300 BO with 225 gr subs.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I feel like you didn't see the rest of the video, I'm not interested in that weird pistol grip/stock thing, I was talking more about the shotguns with stocks.....

Or like this guy:

What would be so hard about operating one of those besides the increase in recoil with a short barrel shotgun maybe?

·
Super Moderator
21,593 Posts
I put this in the humor for the day thread... but, it belongs here too.

THIS is what is brewing in Seattle. THIS is what is being demanded. THIS is what is being rioted about. THIS is what We the People are being told to bow to. The rest of the far left metro areas are watching Seattle. Seattle is the test lab for this agenda. This would be laughable if it weren't being pandered to. This city is negotiating with domestic terrorists.

Seattle CHOP organizer: 'I'm not here to peacefully protest'

21 - 40 of 73 Posts