6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm running a 300 blk sbr, 8.3" barrel, optional suppressor, 110gr Vmax or Varmagedon. Otherwise I have a 11.5" 556 I can grab.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Claymoores, but they are hard to come by.
Seriously,556 or 6.8 Carbine. I want to say 30herrett but I need more ammo for it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My 10mm banshee for home defense. Debating on Shotgun or a 10mm pistol next. Leaning towards the pistol. Lets me give my shield to the wife. Finally making a gun convert out of her

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
What's a good, reliable semi-auto 12 gauge shotgun? Anyone look at that Black Aces Tactical? Is it any good?

Lightweight or short stock for lady?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Self-defense:
Carry: Bersa 45 185gr TCB HP
Nightstand: FNX 40 180gr GDHP
Front door: (depending on my mood or nature of threat) Easton aluminum #33 softball bat or 590 #4 Buck

Preemptive self-defense:
Long range: Savage in 338 WinMag

Proactive self-defense:
Light duty/Visual deterrent: Bushmaster AR15 .223
Fun: Frankengun AR15, 6.8SPC
True SHTF: PSA AR10 308 Win

·
Registered
90 Posts
What's a good, reliable semi-auto 12 gauge shotgun? Anyone look at that Black Aces Tactical? Is it any good?

Lightweight or short stock for lady?
Rock Island makes some decent selfdefense pump guns.

FWIW, I would avoid anything with just pistol grips. Without a shoulder stock you are forced to use both hands to operate the gun.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Rock Island makes some decent selfdefense pump guns.

FWIW, I would avoid anything with just pistol grips. Without a shoulder stock you are forced to use both hands to operate the gun.
Been looking at the VR80. Was considering one before I bought my carbine. Saw one at the local shop.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Been looking at the VR80. Was considering one before I bought my carbine. Saw one at the local shop.
Cousin of a good friend both have VR80's. Cousin's performed flawlessly with maybe 200 rounds. The friend had a lot of issues, but after a thorough cleaning, he did not clean it at all before firing it, it now runs like it should with 2 3/4" buckshot. There was a lot of cosmoline, shipping grease, that gummed the thing up.

A brother of mine has one of the RIA nickel plated (all-weather) pump shotgun. He abuses the crap out of it and hasn't had any issues.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Socom16 or POF Rouge, if they came to my rural neighborhood. 870 12ga if I were going to pull security at any friend's businesses and open carry. In that situation my 12" 6.8 pistol would be near by.

Did go to a BLM protest yesterday. Hung out in my buddies bicycle shop. The protest was across the street in a city green space. Didn't take any long guns because figured it wouldn't get exciting.

·
Super Moderator
21,593 Posts
If you think things are crazy now just wait until the officer is found not guilty of murder.
Long before that... comes the realization of: "Four more years." Will there be anything LEFT to burn/loot?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts