6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best 115gr FMJ factory load?

I am trying to decide between the Federal, Remington, and S&B 115gr FMJ loads. Are there others? I am interested in both opinions and hands-on experience.

I know there is a ton of info on various loads in the forums. I've read much of it. Trouble is, sometimes it's just too much to wade through for a specific question.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the intended use?
General purpose law enforcement and para-military use. Not worried about ricochets, over penetration, or political correctness.

Thus....FMJ bullets. I want the bullets to hold together and keep shape, at least as much as conventional core FMJ bullets do..

·
Super Moderator
21,596 Posts
I would suggest trying some Federal and some S&B to see which your barrel prefers. I wouldn't waste my time on Remington factory loads for 6.8... too weak is the consensus.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The one you gun likes the best. As @Ratdog68 said Remington tends to be weak. S&B has the best brass, if you reload or want to share it with those of us here that do. ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
I have a bunch of S&B FMJ. It's good ammo and if you keep an eye out you run across some good deals on it. Never heard anything good about Remington 6.8 Ammo but not tried it myself. Federal is my go to hunting round, have a good bit of the XM68GD as well. Don't care for the crimped primers though.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
S&B 110fmj is the first that comes to mind.

Look at Hornady 110otm as well.

·
Registered
370 Posts
What's the best 115gr FMJ factory load?

I am trying to decide between the Federal, Remington, and S&B 115gr FMJ loads. Are there others? I am interested in both opinions and hands-on experience.

I know there is a ton of info on various loads in the forums. I've read much of it. Trouble is, sometimes it's just too much to wade through for a specific question.

Thanks for your help.
Just started using 110 S&B FMJs for reloading, been able to get them up to 2770 so far. Very accurate. Ove used PPU as well. It a decent FMJ at lower cost. Dont have numbers behind it since they stopped selling it locally .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts