6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of bullets are S&Bs 110 PTS again?

Is it like an accubond, an SST?

And any one know the minimum performance velocity?

As usual all when I got money the bullets I want are gone...good thing about the 6.8 SPC there are still decent options out there for the cartridge! Figure the S&B will fill the need for general critter trouble shooting and deer and zeroing and such. And some thing I can feed the rifles if relatives want to shoot them.

·
Administrator
22,080 Posts
The early ones were often thought to be a VMax with a different colored tip.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
http://68forums.com/forums/showthre...et-Performance&p=681588&viewfull=1#post681588

link to the 110 PTS testing I did. I was surprised by this ammo's accuracy in my 18" and 20" ARPs (5-shot, 1 MOA). Much more accuracy than S&B FMJs. Doubly surprised that this bullet wasn't like a V-max, more like an SST but it didn't shed its core like the 120 SST. I've started hunting with them but no shot yet except where I anchored a 150 lb sow at 210 yards with a 110 AB in the base of the neck. The hog didn't take a step but was still alive so took a headshot with PTS at 15 ft to terminate her. I ended up with pieces of matter on me and the exit wound was massive. For a dollar or so more than the FMJs, I have a more accurate round to plink with and one I can also hunt with.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
http://68forums.com/forums/showthre...et-Performance&p=681588&viewfull=1#post681588

link to the 110 PTS testing I did. I was surprised by this ammo's accuracy in my 18" and 20" ARPs (5-shot, 1 MOA). Much more accuracy than S&B FMJs. Doubly surprised that this bullet wasn't like a V-max, more like an SST but it didn't shed its core like the 120 SST. I've started hunting with them but no shot yet except where I anchored a 150 lb sow at 210 yards with a 110 AB in the base of the neck. The hog didn't take a step but was still alive so took a headshot with PTS at 15 ft to terminate her. I ended up with pieces of matter on me and the exit wound was massive. For a dollar or so more than the FMJs, I have a more accurate round to plink with and one I can also hunt with.
I have also found them to be very accurate in both my barrels.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

They sound like a plastic tip version of a 110 Sierra Pro Hunter?

That's what's nice about the 6.8 SPC, more ammo makers are making good ammo that's affordable for practice and for hunting.

·
Registered
150 Posts
They are the most accurate factory load that I've shot out of my 18" ARP, including many flavors of SSA, Hornady HPBT and XM68GD.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Great info Guys!
I read Xman's posts, Thank you Sir, and ordered some.
They came in today and look well made.
The box top said they have a velocity measured at the barrel going 777 meters per second out of a 406 mm barrel..... :a11:
That's about 2550 fps out of a 16" barrel at the muzzle to us Americans. :a26:
Looks to be about the same as what Hornady 110 gr BTHP is advertised at. The Hornady actually ran an average of 2642 fps out of my 18" BHW barrel.
Hopefully I can get these S&B 110 gr. PTS run through the Chrony this weekend.

Thanks.
Glenn

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great info Guys!
I read Xman's posts, Thank you Sir, and ordered some.
They came in today and look well made.
The box top said they have a velocity measured at the barrel going 777 meters per second out of a 406 mm barrel..... :a11:
That's about 2550 fps out of a 16" barrel at the muzzle to us Americans. :a26:
Looks to be about the same as what Hornady 110 gr BTHP is advertised at. The Hornady actually ran an average of 2642 fps out of my 18" BHW barrel.
Hopefully I can get these S&B 110 gr. PTS run through the Chrony this weekend.

Thanks.
Glenn
Looking forward to see your velocity numbers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I chronographed the S&B 110 PTS load a few years back. My figures are 2615fps average from my 16" CMMG and they were quite accurate as well. That was on a warm 90+ degree afternoon in June here in the Phoenix area.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
I'm at 6500msl

16" ARP scout = 2620
20" ARP tc= 2770

Just chrony'd them this afternoon --- bout 60 deg ambient temp and 15mph head wind

·
Registered
716 Posts
sgammo.com shows these at $15.95 per box of 20, $15.49 for 10 or more boxes. Has anyone seen a better price?

·
Registered
6,732 Posts

·
Registered
6,732 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I broke down and ordered 11 boxes from psa. Thats the most i could get without being pushed into a higher shipping bracket. I mainly wanted these for the brass to reload yam's 130gr berger CH load (starting well below and workin my way slowly up). I was lookin around for the s&b fmj to use but when i checked available fmj prices vs these...well, it aint too much more for a much better factory load from what ive read about these ones.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I broke down and ordered 11 boxes from psa. Thats the most i could get without being pushed into a higher shipping bracket. I mainly wanted these for the brass to reload yam's 130gr berger CH load (starting well below and workin my way slowly up). I was lookin around for the s&b fmj to use but when i checked available fmj prices vs these...well, it aint too much more for a much better factory load from what ive read about these ones.
i shot them through my 20" target ARP the other day, shot 5 out of 6 into 1 ragged hole. i shot 4 in a row then through the 1 shot and the 6th went right back into the group. i kept the target to show what that bbl. and ammo would do here on the forum but lost it somehow. but bottom line is that ammo will shoot! and so will the ARP target bbl for that matter.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Based on this thread, I put a few boxes of these in with my latest ammunition order from SGAmmo. :D

SGAmmo was almost out of the 110 gr FMJ, so only picked up one box of those for comparison.

Also added one box of most everything else in stock. I'm going to take my 6.8 out to the range once this shipment arrives and see what it likes best for factory ammo.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts