6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking ammo of course. Perhaps a weapon in every major caliber?
Your tips solicited.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
According to many dealers, High cap mags and ar related items are selling out. One of the distributors sold 50K pmags in one hour yesterday morning

·
9,111 Posts
Cup of coffee and some new slippers.

Again we become our own worst enemy.

How about working on teaching your neighbor or someone not familiar with firearms. Be productive in a positive way.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts

How about working on teaching your neighbor or someone not familiar with firearms. Be productive in a positive way.
Agreed... don't feed the monster. Didn't you learn anything from the last go around.

A good practice is to have a supply of parts, ammo, etc. That will support your normal shooting habits for a year or two. In an effort to wait out the panic buying and your shooting don't suffer.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
The tail strobe light on my road bike (bicycle) came off. I bought a new one, and a bag of Zapp's Voodoo chips.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts

+1...don't need to create any more of scare than there is already

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
prepare your list now and wait to buy during low/no panic times. a month ago would have been good or past year even.

its in human dna/emotions/fear to buy high and sell low, the trick is to educate/learn regarding it and then apply/resist.

the wannabe rulers that thrive for control (mental disease) of current and history use humans most reliable emotion: fear to control us.

terrorism is only successful at terrorizing due to our mass broadcasting of it all. without our media and gooberment it wouldnt terrorize at this ramped up level.

·
Super Moderator
12,228 Posts
55 gallon drums of "VIRGIN" 30W motor oil.........................
(Just kidding.......I have switched to "Z-CORR" body-bags).
That's funny stuff right there.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
most smart people have already been picking up what they needed the past couple of years when mags were selling 10/$90 and ammo was plentiful. if people didn't learn after this last go around in 2013 i don't feel for them.

when buying ammo, buy 500 to shoot and 500 to save. or just buy 1000 to put up.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
i need more tin foil, been scratching my head so much i've worn out my current cover (hat to non jarheads)

·
Registered
352 Posts
The group "every town for gun safety" jumped on this story quicker than the news. Already calling for restrictions again. Blah blah blah. How about we don't continue to panic buy everything? I still can't get .22lr localy because local guys still panic buy it all. "OMG walmart got 36 bricks! I'll take them all!" Happened to me once. Second in line and the guy in front of me bought $600 worth of .22lr at like $24 a brick. Said he needed all of it and couldn't leave a box for me...

(Went to a LGS a few days later and they had a bunch of the same ammo bricks marked up to almost $100 and the guy from walmart was working behind the counter)

that daid, I did just buy a 10 pack of brownells mags, a 10 pack of P mags, and a new LWRC upper last week. So I guess my timing was right. Still need a lower, better jump on that myself before prices sky rocket.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
The group "every town for gun safety" jumped on this story quicker than the news. Already calling for restrictions again. Blah blah blah. How about we don't continue to panic buy everything? I still can't get .22lr localy because local guys still panic buy it all. "OMG walmart got 36 bricks! I'll take them all!" Happened to me once. Second in line and the guy in front of me bought $600 worth of .22lr at like $24 a brick. Said he needed all of it and couldn't leave a box for me...

(Went to a LGS a few days later and they had a bunch of the same ammo bricks marked up to almost $100 and the guy from walmart was working behind the counter)

that daid, I did just buy a 10 pack of brownells mags, a 10 pack of P mags, and a new LWRC upper last week. So I guess my timing was right. Still need a lower, better jump on that myself before prices sky rocket.
my walmart still limits to 3 -50 or 100 round boxes of 22lr, and 1 box of "bulk ammo" ---my lgs still limits to 2 boxes of 22lr (bulk) or 5 boxes of 50 or 100---they also limit to 2 lbs of powder or 1 8 lb jug, and 3 bricks of primers ----I doubt it's gonna get any better in the near future

·
Registered
352 Posts
my walmart still limits to 3 -50 or 100 round boxes of 22lr, and 1 box of "bulk ammo" ---my lgs still limits to 2 boxes of 22lr (bulk) or 5 boxes of 50 or 100---they also limit to 2 lbs of powder or 1 8 lb jug, and 3 bricks of primers ----I doubt it's gonna get any better in the near future
Here in NM you aren't supposed to regulate ammo sales like that. We have a law about it. I think it was made with good intentions but during the panics it doesn't help. It makes it easy for one guy to buy all the ammo and turn right around at the counter and up the price $10 a box.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts