6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TV guys saying YET ANOTHER STORM HEADING TO LOUISIANA.!!!

Man, I really feel for you folks. Just about the time you can see daylight, another wind/rain/skeeter filled storm going your way. Hope you folks hunker down and stay safe.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I know right. I was watching TV yesterday and heard about the latest one. Not sure what we did to earn God's wrath this year but come on give us a break. Maybe he is mad because they elected Edwards as governor and this is delayed payback.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe he is trying to drown all the swamp mosquitoes

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Then he is going about it the wrong way they just get worse after a storm. I am still trying to cut down the amount around the house. I spent all weekend looking for and demolishing all likely places for them to breed. I really don't need another storm coming through here it is bad enough trying to find anyone willing to do work around here I can just imagine the construction lag if there is a lot of damage on both sides of me. Can't even get anyone to look at my roof let alone do anything.Everyone is rushing to get on the Lake Charles insurance money gravy train.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
So I wonder what the odds are of getting 2 Cat 4 hurricanes in the same place in one season. I won't even go into the 45 days apart. WTF is happening this year. God is really pissed at us as a whole this year.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
keep in mind.....like you said......vultures flock to a hurricane repair party and then disappear

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure hope it loses force before landfall.
Beaches here will be closed till Saturday

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I am getting ready to head to Dallas tomorrow to avoid the wrath of God this time. See you guys next week when I get power back hopefully.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Looks like its heading right for you guys.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am getting ready to head to Dallas tomorrow to avoid the wrath of God this time. See you guys next week when I get power back hopefully.
Travel safe. Doing the smart thing.....staying safe

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hurricanes have no animus or soul, they just are. Been there done that, twice. Two in 60 days and two in 30 days. Nothing quite like getting your repairs well started from the first and have the second turn your repairs to mush. Not good at all. Hope the best for you guys, just do not loose hope, grit teeth and spit.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update: Hurricane Delta making landfall just east of Lake Charles, LA with 100 mph winds.
At least the wind has slowed a little.
You folks in that area, hunker down, keep your powder dry and stay safe. We will be waiting for good news later. Let us know asap.

Here in Corpus Christi, Texas the surf is very high and very rough.

Today a Family of 5 went out to the end of the Packery Channel North Jetty.....stood on the end and a wave washed all of them off. 50 year old man died of head injuries and drowning. The other 4 got scuffed up pretty bad.
Last hurricane, a 26 yr old Marine Pilot candidate surfing misjudged the waves and got smashed same way.

·
Registered
848 Posts
There are always a few thrill seekers who just don't respect the power of nature.

Reactions: Rick F

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There are always a few thrill seekers who just don't respect the power of nature.
Central Texas tourists with no previous experience with salt water or huge surf. Unfortunate situation.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey..........did you Louisiana folks come out ok? Still no power? Any gators or pythons like the 19' in Florida?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I just got power back on Wednesday and Internet came back on late yesterday. I woke up this morning and power was off again but came back in about 8 hours I think the high winds from the cold front must have blown something into a line somewhere.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad you can talk to the outside world...again. Last time it happened here, I had start reading books to stay occupied
Hope your recovery goes smooth.......this time. Years ago seemed like Florida was the target. Something 3 in one season. Then a year later bunch more. Rough getting back up time after time and still keep a good attitude.
Keep smiling. Keep your powder dry. Glad you made it back....OK

1 - 18 of 18 Posts