6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll kick it off with my Remington 870 and my Ruger GP-100.

my Dad bought me the 870 for Christmas 1980, despite his non-gun-owning feelings . He supported my shooting and hunting drive, even though our family did neither. He was a WWII combat vet and had heard enough gunfire for his lifetime.
the GP was carried as a personal sidearm in Desert Storm by my best friend, an AF pilot. Despite being a good rifle shot and a superb shot gunner, he struggled with handguns. That changed with my GP; he shot it like a pro.
Saddam Hussein had announced that he would execute downed pilots; my friend planned on making them work for it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Dad's A-5. I also have my two brothers first guns, along with my first gun. All purchased by my father and given as a Christmas present to the boy that happened to turn 11 that year.
Savage model 24 O/U
Ithaca model 37 20 gauge pump
Westernfield 20 gauge pump

·
Registered
235 Posts
Browning hi-power chrome/nickel?, gold trigger. Was my dad's first pistol. Has an awesome story behind buying it. Was gun he taught me how to shoot with. Accurate, no telling how many rounds been through it and never malfunctioned to my knowledge

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would have a hard time letting any of mine go. Didn’t receive any heirlooms as I was deemed “unworthy” by the fam. Fathers only gun was stolen in the early 90’s. I couldn’t be trusted in my late teens early 20’s because I was a bit of a trouble maker- really I think I was just a normal dissenting teen/adult.
Ill hold onto all my guns- not giving up one of them.

·
Registered
166 Posts
With the way the idiot in chief will come after our property, everything is a never sell.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
Kinda hard to sell what was lost in the boating accident, and I'm not posting what I lost either.

All I got left is the SBR and silencers, they were left at home when I went boating because I didn't want the hassle of keeping the paperwork dry. Don't plan to selling them either, but for the right price... One of those if you've gotta ask you can't afford it deals.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would have a hard time letting any of mine go. Didn’t receive any heirlooms as I was deemed “unworthy” by the fam. Fathers only gun was stolen in the early 90’s. I couldn’t be trusted in my late teens early 20’s because I was a bit of a trouble maker- really I think I was just a normal dissenting teen/adult.
Ill hold onto all my guns- not giving up one of them.
I too was deemed “unworthy” by my family. I ran with a group of “Winners” in my early teen years. My Dad brought me my first hunting rifle when I was 15. Remington 700 in .243 cal. And a Ruger 10/22 at 16. I still have both and probably will be buried with them! Lol

·
Registered
880 Posts
S&W 586, 6 inch nickle no dash Distinguished Combat Magnum in 357. Darn few nickle plated were made and of those a 6 inch barrel was the least made. Also my Ithaca Model 37 16 ga. Purchased by my dad. My 2 brothers and I all started hunting with it and my oldest brother is 78 now.

·
Registered
755 Posts
My Remington pump 22, model 572 BDL that my dad bought for me when I turned 12. Also my Winchester single shot full choke 20 gage shotgun that he bought me the next year. Alot of squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, and pheasants taken with those two guns.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have an H & R 922 revolver. It has a 6" octagon barrel. It was my Grandpa's. Grandpa gave it to my dad, my dad passed it on to me. The next thing would be a Marlin model 39A Gold Trigger, my dad had this since before I was born. Dad also gave me a 44mag Dan Wesson with an 8" barrel. I just need to find the rest of the other lengths to add to it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Forgot to mention, the Dan Wesson is still in the original box and has the barrel removal tools with it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My two Six8's, 16 and18 Inch Bison builds and my M1 Garand. The 16" Bison is suppressed and I shoot hogs with it, the 18" is my long distance Six8 and is great out to 500 meters. The M1 because it is a slice of history built in 1943. I have had it restored, put a muzzle break on it and a scout scope. It shoots big bullets a long way and is a beautiful weapon.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
There are several I suppose . I knew the folks that bought most of them new . One has 2 letters that clear up why the parts don't match the SN .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sell? I don’t know what that means. 🤪
There’s a gun for every occasion isn’t there!

·
Registered
86 Posts
My grandads service revolver in 38. Shwriff in Winn Parish Louisiana. He had it Nickle plated to flash and "scare the -------" when they saw it. Trigger job because he had a wound through his left hand from WWII. my Dads trooper 357 service revolver and ,1911 45. My duty rifle from 94' Bought out of the armory and glock taken off a iraq officer in 93. My son will get all in a few years. Brass knuckles prob have all sorts of DNA LOL...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts