6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is only one shop in the phoenix, AZ area that I am aware of that stocks 6.8

Here are his prices. I've bought about 100 rds over the past couple weeks, just wanted to see how it compared to what you guys are paying.

Hornady 110 gr. V-max ($21.99)
Hornady 110 gr. BTHP TAP ($22.59)
Remington 115 gr. FMJ ($19.99)

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It varies but for the most it is holding under 20 except for that crap Rem stuff which they for some reason are really proud of. (not the FMJ)

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
That's about what it is in Okla. also with the exception of Rem. who wants 24.99 to 26.99 / box.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Can't even find 6.8 locally, though of course the shops will order it for me, and charge me about 25% OVER full retail. :evil: I NEED to find a reasonably priced box of the new Hornday ammo to try out in comparison to the SSA ammo I was using.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
billclo said:
Can't even find 6.8 locally, though of course the shops will order it for me, and charge me about 25% OVER full retail. :evil: I NEED to find a reasonably priced box of the new Hornday ammo to try out in comparison to the SSA ammo I was using.
What is this new Hornady ammo you speak of?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Msokol13 said:
billclo said:
What is this new Hornady ammo you speak of?
Hornady has changed the powder on their 6.8SPC ammo and they are now using ball ammo.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't buy 6.8 locally. One of the local shops does have some of the Remington 115gr PSP Ultra bonded for about $35 to $40 a box of twenty. Yeah right!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rcrandall said:
I don't buy 6.8 locally. One of the local shops does have some of the Remington 115gr PSP Ultra bonded for about $35 to $40 a box of twenty. Yeah right!

Where are you buying it from? I need to find some better deals....everytime I fire this rifle I feel a sting in my lower pants where my wallet rests. :x

·
Registered
410 Posts
I order directly from SSA and Hornady. But I am LE so I can work with Hornady, not sure how well they work with civilians....they are pretty friendly so you would probably be okay. I don't what the cost would be either. SSA is easy to work with too. You could also look at midwayusa.com, or google 6.8 spc ammo and see what that brings up. I reload most of the 6.8 ammo I shoot or you wouldn't see me shooting it nearly as much as I do. The factory ammo I buy is for duty use.

·
Registered
262 Posts
rcrandall said:
I order directly from SSA and Hornady. But I am LE so I can work with Hornady, not sure how well they work with civilians....they are pretty friendly so you would probably be okay. I don't what the cost would be either. SSA is easy to work with too. You could also look at midwayusa.com, or google 6.8 spc ammo and see what that brings up. I reload most of the 6.8 ammo I shoot or you wouldn't see me shooting it nearly as much as I do. The factory ammo I buy is for duty use.
Well my issue is that the problems I've been having with my Kotonics upper may be ammo related; the ammo is on the way back to Art. I just wanted another brand as a check to see if it also works or gives problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just one suggestion that another 6.8forum buddy gave me was to call SSA directly and tell them you want to be put on their "factory 2nd's" list. They aren't bad rounds.... they are just cosmeticly not perfect. When they get enough together they give you a call, and offer the rounds to you.... you just have to be patcient enough to let them get enough together. I'm on the list, waiting for the call....
Blazedawg1973

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am lucky, I can find 6.8 just about all of my shops. I have bought most of it though, at least until the new Hornady comes out.
It has been running $18.99-$19.99 a box.

I paid $44.99 for a 50rd box of DoubleTap but I think they only come in 20/box now. I am not buying any more though since it uses Rem brass (large rifle).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys....
Just an update for all you Las Vegas shooters (or those planning on visiting our fine city). Citadel gun and Safe (S. Dean Martin Dr.) is selling 6.8SPC, 115gr. FMJ, Remington, (500 count w/ a free ammo can) for $339.99 (.68 cents a round).... the ammo can says it's rated at 2535 FPS. Best deal that I have found yet for plinking ammo. I also have the ability to buy locally from SSA (and have through a friend-- thanks Black45). But this stuff is a little bit cheaper when bought in 500 count bulk. I will give a review after I run through the can. Just thought my L.V. 6.8 guys might wanna know.
Blazedawg1973

1 - 15 of 15 Posts