6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I came to this forum a year or so back, there were quite a few posters. Somebody was "always" yakking about something.
Not to be hypocritical, but I just kinda drifted away, but I would still check the site occasionally to see if anything interesting had popped up.
Now that I'm back (kinda, sorta!), there seems to be even LESS activity!

Wha'sup? ...or is it just normal for this site to slow down in the summer time?

Registered
I am new to the forum, and I did get a message, from a mod, right away, after I welcomed a new member. Didnt read the "rules" obviously,,,but I thought it wasnt the biggest of deals. Hope going forward all the fun isny sucked out of this forum. Im hopeful.

Registered
Most hunting seasons closed , ammo and components not as readily available as they were previously and for some shooting ranges closed or at least not as readily available have all slowed down posts .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Registered
Spring and summer are slower, It's not so much the mod's fault. The site rules are laid out pretty strait, don't get out of line and you won't get reprimanded...Beyond that, reloading and shooting has surely slowed down just to keep up with Joe's pudding cup count.
If we get a change in Congress in 2022, hopefully the shooting community's outlook will change and there will be no more shortage.

BTW, I've posted some pretty dumb comments while drinking, never been reprimanded. You must've been pretty far out of bounds is you did.

Registered
With the crap that's happened over the past 1 1/2 years, I think people are just so distracted they have drifted off for a short break. Everybody is having a hard time finding ammo, finding primers, finding powder and any number of other weapons related stuff, people are frustrated. Then throw in the unending attack by the left on the 2A and you have out right anger. Hang in there, there is a hopeful light at the end of the tunnel.

Registered
For me personally all my experimentation has taken a backseat since ammo (loaded and reloaded) is sky high or unavailable. In addition I am hesitant on spending with this new administration and all the full retard elected officials out there.

Just hard to justify trying new things these days and tend to stick with the proven gear and methods.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeppers, there's a helluva lot going on right now.
Sadly, most of it is SO politically motivated, it's difficult to discuss much of anything without politics entering the fray.

I'm in the same boat as many others. There is no direct market for 6.8mm ammo in my area and reloading components, "IF" you can find them are either sky high or so picked over you really don't want "Joe Bob's #2 Reused Primers"! etc...
Heck, I've even watched YT vids on "repriming primers"! LOL! NOT a productive endeavor! Nor an end product I'd care to depend on in a live or die situation.

Okie dokie, folks!
Kinda tells me what's going on!

"I'll be here 'til Friday" 馃榾!

Registered
Yeppers, there's a helluva lot going on right now.
Sadly, most of it is SO politically motivated, it's difficult to discuss much of anything without politics entering the fray.

I'm in the same boat as many others. There is no direct market for 6.8mm ammo in my area and reloading components, "IF" you can find them are either sky high or so picked over you really don't want "Joe Bob's #2 Reused Primers"! etc...
Heck, I've even watched YT vids on "repriming primers"! LOL! NOT a productive endeavor! Nor an end product I'd care to depend on in a live or die situation.

Okie dokie, folks!
Kinda tells me what's going on!

"I'll be here 'til Friday" 馃榾!
I too live in an area where the 6.8 SPC ammo and reloading gear is almost nonexistent. While I am attempting to get into the reloading game, it's really a bad time to do so. Plus, with all of the anti gun rhetoric and some 6.8 SPC haters out there (just seen a video that put out misinformation on the 6.8 SPC), things have really slowed down. If you have to know, I'll be in and out for the next month or so.馃槀

Registered
I haven't been on much lately either. I use these sites for info and research mostly. I spend my time reloading and shooting rather than talking about it. I like the fact that most info is good and members will generally cull the B.S. their self. I keep in touch with about 12 forums. I think they are a good thing & also believe if not for moderators it would be like the wild west.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm on another couple of sites as well. One has absolutely no moderation what-so-ever.
Lots of political foo-fah-raw goes on there, but for the most part, folks are pretty much civil to one another...except for the occasional "site idiot"!

On the sites with moderators, there seems to be an "air" of reservation that keeps folks from opening up and being honest about their feelings.
It's like everyone is looking over their shoulder for Zuckerberg or Dorsey to "cancel" their account for some off color statement.

Whether we like it or not, today's society, especially our gun society, is heavily influenced by politics!

"We don't have a 'government by the people'. We have a 'government by the people who get involved'!" B. Franklin (I think?!)

Registered
"We don't have a 'government by the people'. We have a 'government by the people who get involved'!" B. Franklin (I think?!)
Obviously you did't see Bozzo's speech where he indicated that the people in we the people was in the government. Oh, sorry starting to go political.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Obviously you did't see Bozzo's speech where he indicated that the people in we the people was in the government. Oh, sorry starting to go political.
Yeah, I saw that fiasco, but I didn't catch all the little nuances and innuendos. I kept nodding off! LOL!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts