6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have grown up around firearms my whole life and kind of fell into the AR world a few years back and loved it. Bought a used bushmaster heavy 20" as my first. Loved the gun but sold it to get my GP-100. And of course I missed it and so I built a new one. Simple carbine. Then I found the wonderful world of alternate calibers. So about 2 years ago I built a .204. That is a tack driver. Hopefully I can get a coyote with it soon.

Now on to why I'm here. I picked up a dpms 6.8 barrel a few years back and it had just been sitting in a bag under the bed forgotten. Well I found it and got excited and put it on an upper. So it's sitting there waiting for a sight of some kind and it's ready to roll.

While waiting to save up some money for a scope of some kind I came to the realization there are 2 different chambers. The original SPC and the SPC II. And that's what brought me here to this forum so I can leach some information off you guys. First I need to figure out what I have and go from there.

So off I go to plunder your boards for information and see if I can go bag me a hog next year. Be talking with you soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Through reading ive found if it's a 16" with 1:10 it's saami and if it's stamped 1:11 twist it's SPC II. So I'm good to go.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I started off with the same barrel, and it was a good shooter. Added a free float handguard, and it really tightened my groups. If you're interested, I can give you some reload data for that barrel. Shoot me a pm if interested.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I hope I'm saying something you already know, but you need more than just a barrel. You also need a 6.8 bolt and 6.8 magazines.

Your first post sounds like you just have a barrel...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts