1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Well aint that a fine how do you do. I wonder if GA will reciprocate?

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Good news, since I have been a frequent visitor there in recent times. I am surprised it took this long.
There has been a sort of feud over this between GA and SC for years. SC requires training classes and GA doesn't so SC would not recognize GA carry license. GA would not recognize theirs in turn. Not really sure what the deal with NC was. I am actually surprised that SC changed their mind on this considering their RINO flag banning governor. Still wondering if GA will reciprocate.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I may get flamed for this but I think everyone should have to show comptency with a firearm before being issued a concealed permit.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may get flamed for this but I think everyone should have to show comptency with a firearm before being issued a concealed permit.
No flame, it is a valid argument. I disagree with the requirement though, at least the mandate to reach into the wallet to complete the training. It is the same category as a poll tax. Training should be highly encouraged though, to the extent of tax deductions.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I agree, BUT the problem is who decides "competency" and even what that entails, do you have to take a course, pass a test, who handles all that and pays for it? All it takes is one bureaucrat to decide that YOU are not competent or maybe NO ONE is competent or maybe everyone that sits through a few hour course is competent(like most hunter education classes) and the whole thing is pointless. I would highly encourage anyone that thinks of using a gun for SD to get educated as much as possible, I just think having politicians deciding what is "competent" is ludicrous.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't think you should be required to have a permit, period. The 2nd Amendment is your carry permit.

It's nothing more than a tax on law abiding citizens.

How about we make the people who can't own firearms pay to get a card that says they aren't allowed to carry.

·
Registered
8,932 Posts

How about we make the people who can't own firearms pay to get a card that says they aren't allowed to carry.
This is close but it should be EVERYONE that CAN own firearms is issued a free card that says they can,so marked on your DL like an organ donor box on your DL. Then all you have to do is show your DL and if it has the little firearm showing you are good to go, if you don't have the firearm showing then you can't buy one. With the firearm mark on your DL you don't need a background check and no need for the BS ATF forms. If you are a felon then it is plain and simple that you don't get the firearm mark on your DL. Will there be fake IDs, yes, but there is already that problem with all forms of ID to include passports.

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
This is close but it should be EVERYONE that CAN own firearms is issued a free card that says they can,so marked on your DL like an organ donor box on your DL. Then all you have to do is show your DL and if it has the little firearm showing you are good to go, if you don't have the firearm showing then you can't buy one. With the firearm mark on your DL you don't need a background check and no need for the BS ATF forms. If you are a felon then it is plain and simple that you don't get the firearm mark on your DL. Will there be fake IDs, yes, but there is already that problem with all forms of ID to include passports.
They already do that. It is called a birth certificate. :a32:

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why not require firearm competency as a condition to graduate high school and do away with the entire "permitting" process?
People already graduate illiterate and incoherent, so they are preparred for the 1st Amendment

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
They already do that. It is called a birth certificate. :a32:
Except it is a little difficult to revoke a birth certificate as there are lawyers involved.

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
I don't really feel that the government should be able to revoke your right to own or carry a firearm. If you are allowed to walk the streets you should be allowed the right to protect your self. If you have done something that makes you not trustworthy to own a gun then you should either be in prison or in the ground. I think we have a few problems with the justice/prison system in this country that should be sorted out too but if you are charged with a crime and done your time you should have all rights restored. Being on parole is the one exception as parole is basically allowing you to serve your sentence on the outside but once your parole is done, you should have all rights restored.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
It's funny that you brought this up. I just renewed my carry license and the new one came in the mail today along with a list of states who honored a GA carry license and sho nuff, SC was included. Didn't even think about it till I saw your post just now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts