6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well broke down and got a Weaver Classic V-Series Rifle Scope - 2-10x38mm 39-8.5' 3.15" Matte, its a ballistics rectile but for 129.99 I figure its good deal. Other wise I just would of got another 2-7 prostaff for a back up scope that might have to be used if Leupold don't get me my 308 scope back.

http://www.natchezss.com/weaver-classic-v-series-riflescope-1-tube-2-10x38mm-ballistic-x-reticle-v-10-matte.html

Was made aware if it in another thread.

There is a silver one for 119.99 with a standard dubplex but I wanted a back one, personally I would of preferred the Duplex but eh, black was better than shiny silver for hunting.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I bought a couple of these ~3 months ago(been on sale that long). One went on a x39 AR, and the other went on a Ruger American all weather compact in 308. Very nice scope for the money. I've always been a Weaver fan and am especially fond of the K6.

BTW, these are made in Japan.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Whew! Thanks for telling me where they were made!
I picked up a few of the Weaver Classics from Natchez, it's a great deal for a LOW (light optical works) scope. All of my Japanese Weavers have excellent tracking and although the optical quality is not as good as some higher priced scopes they are an great value.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the rectile its a bit archaic but that's why its a "Classic" I guess. :a06: 200 yard zero then it goes down on the rectile for that. But the main cross hair is clear and its small and light and really is a nice scope for the price. For a 2-10 scope the glass is pretty clear at this price, thinking getting one with a duplex if I can afford it next. The 200 yard zero is what I set my 6.8s at any ways. So that leaves me with options even if I have to swap a viper off of 6.8 I got for this one. For the money this one is a winner, seems one of the only decent 2-10 power scopes under 200.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts