6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
And the effective date?

I know when I lived in WA new laws generally went into effect in June or July. Emphasis on generally because the Seattle passed initiative for background checks went into effect 30 days after they voted it in.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent question, I'm glad I looked it up: 6/9/2016. THRs article says you can now, that has been misleading since they edited the article at the bottom saying the governor signed it and you can now manufacture.

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
Excellent question, I'm glad I looked it up: 6/9/2016. THRs article says you can now, that has been misleading since they edited the article at the bottom saying the governor signed it and you can now manufacture.
Depending on the date of the THR article they may have assumed that you could submit the paperwork to the ATF and by the time it was approved the new law would be in effect. If this was the case I thought I saw where someone guessed that early submissions would either be returned or placed on hold until the law went into effect.

It is nice to see that even with the stupidity coming out of Seattle that WA has finally realized that SBRs do not pose a problem.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure the gun control nuts love SBRs - now they for sure get to register them and we happily pay $200 for the right to do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts