6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=121&t=388018

I was called "tactless" essentially by one poster. As I try very much to help those asking info about ANY cartridge on ar15.com, when I am called tactless, or anything else, I seek review from my peers in an effort to try and keep as balanced as possible.

So, was my comment out of line, whether you agree with the money portion of shooting aside?

I did not direct it at one, but could it have been misread as such?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I didnt see anything wrong with your post at all.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with it. Some people just read what they want to read.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not tactless but direct and to your point. I only go to that site when directed to it from a post here. I cannot believe how fast that thread went south. Happens there often? Never once seen anything like that here.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think your response was in kind with his assertion that the OP would get sick of spending money on his 6.8. I guess there is a spectrum of shooters.

I dont know if his assertion was worthy of a response, though, as it was predicated on the belief that cheaper ammo makes for more enjoyable ammo sessions. Certainly lower cost ammo does, but if you are shooting for accuracy cheap ammo is aggravating.

I dont know how you do the job of mod, Cold, I would hate it!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Your comments were perfectly in line with your assertion of the cheapest round is the best round and only if I can shoot 1K ever weekend is it a good round mentally that is prevalent and his comments. I don't know how many times I see
"I will get one when they are $10 or under a box" comments. News flash 5.56 isn't there any more either.

But to be honest with you I can see how even though you were responding to the general mentally of ARFCOM memebers and using his statement an example he took it as a direct attack on him. Because of the actions of some over there, people are super sensitive to comments and tend to take them in the worse light. He missed or was blind to the fact that you pointed out how this was about an over all mentality of members in general and his post was only a way to lead into the subject and instead was fixated on its relation to him.personally. He was overly sensitive. He seems to have security issues as his comments mentioning his financial prowess has to do with his insecurity and fragile ego which in his eyes you apparently called into question. :roll: I think you have been spending to much time over here and forget how bad all the hair triggers are over there. :mrgreen:

I thought it was quite interesting that he has to pay $25 for his ammo. Last I checked the 6.8 was as low as 18.75 a box directly from SSA.

Guess that Wolf stuff didn't turn out to be any diff then the 5.56 WOLF stuff in quality or performance and not the super ammo that would be all things for "the worlds most advanced cartidge" :p That is a thread about a 6.8 round but some how some one find a way to mention the Grendel. Go figure. It never falls. :roll:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I see nothing wrong with it Cold. You know how AR15.com is, a great source of information but there are way too many "odd types" on there that are just waiting to jump on someone for anything. Be it that one has a DPMS instead of a Colt or you don't worship the ground LaRue craps on, or that putting a YHM forend on one's rifle is just about the end of the world. You get the idea. Anything other than what they have is crap and only "their" stuff is worthy of owning. And God help you if you disagree with them or make any kind of comment they do not agree with 100%. And look at the crap-storms that occur if you don't drink the Kool-Aide on what ever the flavor of the month is, or if you do happen to like the flavor of the month others jump you about that. ARFCOM is all too often a damned if you do and a damned if you don't place, and that is why so many of us like the somewhat smaller boards like .458SOCOMforums and 68forums. People here do not seem to always have their panties in a twist.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big Bore said:
I see nothing wrong with it Cold. You know how AR15.com is, a great source of information but there are way too many "odd types" on there that are just waiting to jump on someone for anything. Be it that one has a DPMS instead of a Colt or you don't worship the ground LaRue craps on, or that putting a YHM forend on one's rifle is just about the end of the world. You get the idea. Anything other than what they have is crap and only "their" stuff is worthy of owning. And God help you if you disagree with them or make any kind of comment they do not agree with 100%. And look at the crap-storms that occur if you don't drink the Kool-Aide on what ever the flavor of the month is, or if you do happen to like the flavor of the month others jump you about that. ARFCOM is all too often a damned if you do and a damned if you don't place, and that is why so many of us like the somewhat smaller boards like .458SOCOMforums and 68forums. People here do not seem to always have their panties in a twist.

Some people there feel that because I support 2 sites dedicated to 2 specific rounds that I am out to sink the competition, not so. I try to be fair to everyone there and sometimes a good third party review is needed. And be honest if it was out of line, then tell me, I wont think bad of anyone. Its good to know. While I do not think it was out of line I should not have quoted him and just responded in general.

Big Bore, I know you have both 6.8 and 6.5, is there much if a price point diff between 5.56, 6.8 and 6.5 anymore, if you were to shoot the "higher quality round" for each as well as the "lowest cost" round for each?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I agree. For the most part it is 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts