1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Hey guys I haven't posted in awhile, been busy remodeling house. Anyway, look at these: http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rifle-ammunition/6-8-spc/cor-bon-dpx-hunter-6-8mm-remington-spc-110gr-barnes-tipped-triple-shock-x-bullet-hollow-point-20rds-dpx68110-20.html
for a box of 20?????????:confused: now that is steep lol.

Anyone shot that american eagle 115 fmj, they have them for 10 bucks a box.
Yea saw those and kept on looking lol. But I would have loved to get in on the the AE 115 stuff but to really make it worth my time I needed to buy a good amount. So I bought some Federal fusions for 13 a box.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol yea I seen that price and was like....what??? now for the AE stuff 9.99 a box is pretty cheep, talk about some plinking ammo. But then again the SB and it's brass reputation would be ideal.

Edit: as in saving the SB brass compared to the AE/Federal brass.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I thought the 110 TTSX was meant for 270win velocities, and the 110 tsx was for 6.8? maybe I am wrong though.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought the 110 TTSX was meant for 270win velocities, and the 110 tsx was for 6.8? maybe I am wrong though.
I forgot about that. Xman has a wright up on it. I use the 110 tsx (non typical COAL, longer then standard magazine lengths) for my hunting load. I wanna say the tsx does not benefit from longer lengths because of the ogive differences. The tsx has those bands on them that make a difference.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
$45, 2400fps out of a 110gr. WOOHOO! That's really cooking!:a32:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I think corbon is going to have some disappointed people if they use this bullet, based on x-man's testing it does not reliably expand at 6.8 speeds.....looks like corbon didn't do their homework before they jumped in..it's a shame as it could give the caliber (or barnes bullets) a bad name http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?33178-6-8-SPC-Bullet-Performance&p=455176&viewfull=1#post455176 ...post #216 shows expansion of the 110TTSX ....people automatically jump on "ballistic tipped" bullets as they are "tacticool" some work well but this one was not designed for 6.8 velocities, barnes designed it for 270winchester velocities (unless the design has changed since x-man tested it)...and yes corbon's velocity is low, I get almost 2700 from my 110 accubond , I would expect a monolithic to be around 50-100 fps slower than a similar lead core bullet

·
Registered
204 Posts
Uhhh...$45 per twenty??? No thanks! I'll stick with my reloads. If I want to use a Barnes bullet I'll just keep using the same 95 grain TTSX load I've used since 2010.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Uhhh...$45 per twenty??? No thanks! I'll stick with my reloads. If I want to use a Barnes bullet I'll just keep using the same 95 grain TTSX load I've used since 2010.
Yep, $ 2.25 a round. I will also stick to my reloads. I wish I could stick to my #1 but the nosler 110 accubond has been OOS everywhere for a very very long time now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts