6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why W296 and H110 isn't used for the 6.8? It's burn rate falls withing all the other powders that are used. some slower some faster. just wondering,,,:confused:

·
Registered
346 Posts
That powder is faster than any powder recommended for the 6.8mm…

It likes to be used with near 100% density loads and that would amount to 28-30 grains of the stuff with a 120 grainer—just as an example…

YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO LOAD THAT RECIPE AND DROP THE HAMMER ON IT!!!...

I use faster burning powders than the 296 or 110, but I am shooting cast with greatly reduced loads…

296 and 110 do not like to be reduced…

I certainly would stay away from that powder if you are loading 6.8mm SPC rounds…

Good-luck…BCB

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don worry

That powder is faster than any powder recommended for the 6.8mm…

It likes to be used with near 100% density loads and that would amount to 28-30 grains of the stuff with a 120 grainer-just as an example…

YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO LOAD THAT RECIPE AND DROP THE HAMMER ON IT!!!...

I use faster burning powders than the 296 or 110, but I am shooting cast with greatly reduced loads…

296 and 110 do not like to be reduced…

I certainly would stay away from that powder if you are loading 6.8mm SPC rounds…

Good-luck…BCB
Believe me, i was NOT about to load any 296 in my 6.8. it's just that the burn rate is in the range. Lil'Gun is faster, IMR and H4227 are right there with it. H110 is there (some say H110 is renamed W296) IMR 4227 and Lil Gun both have loadings. W296 must be more explosive i guess, i'm always searching for knowledge, thanks for your input,,

·
Registered
93 Posts
Believe me, i was NOT about to load any 296 in my 6.8. it's just that the burn rate is in the range. Lil'Gun is faster, IMR and H4227 are right there with it. H110 is there (some say H110 is renamed W296) IMR 4227 and Lil Gun both have loadings. W296 must be more explosive i guess, i'm always searching for knowledge, thanks for your input,,
296/H110 or 4227 are considered slow pistol powders. They do work in some rifle rounds & are used in subs or lead bullets as well. If reloading the 6.8 is your main goal
buy RL7 for the light bullets 85-90 and AA2200 for everything else 100-120. Sure, there are some other powders that will work but those 2 are the most popular by far
and give good accuracy with velocity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.