·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
653 Posts
This is nothing new, UPS has had a company policy of stealing customer’s property for years. I wonder if UPS is doing this because the NRA is no longer interested in protecting 2A?

Reactions: earlytom

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it's possible they could be getting ramped up to get ahead of the upcoming ATF regulation, Definition of Frame or Receiver and Identification of Firearms, that goes into effect Aug 24, 2022.

But you would think they'd notify companies about the upcoming change instead of threatening to destroy customer merchandise that's been shipped before the regs even go into affect.

·
Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
Yeah but who's next? AFAIK all those companies suck when it comes to 2A.

Reactions: Guts

·
Super Moderator
12,665 Posts
I guess it's possible they could be getting ramped up to get ahead of the upcoming ATF regulation, Definition of Frame or Receiver and Identification of Firearms, that goes into effect Aug 24, 2022.

But you would think they'd notify companies about the upcoming change instead of threatening to destroy customer merchandise that's been shipped before the regs even go into affect.

That new Rule, as it is a rule and not a law passed by congress only states that if an FFL takes in the unmarked gun to work on or buy or sell then the FFL is required to put a serial number on it. I spent about 4 hours watching a video conference explaining it all and it really boiled down to a big nothing. UPS has no place trying to enforce laws anyway and the owner of Ghost Guns needs to hire a lawyer, period.

·
Registered
487 Posts
There is power in numbers. Remember math isn't racist, but it just might be conservative...

Fedex just won my business and UPS just lost it. I will be letting them know. I suggest everybody write UPS and explain the math to them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to over-parse that too much, but, eh, isn't it already illegal for an FFL dealer or manufacturer to sell/ship a "ghost gun"? Meaning they can't sell a fully-machined firearm that lacks a serial number? A dealer can sell an 80%, which technically isn't a "ghost gun" yet, or a dealer can sell a 100% which will never be a "ghost gun". Unless this Ghost Firearms place is shipping 80%'ers to states where even 80%'ers are illegal.

This sort of seems like one of those Facebook things that's designed to get folks riled up. That, or we're missing a WHOLE LOT of background context.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Probable driver behind new UPS stance on shipping gun parts:

·
Super Moderator
12,665 Posts
Not to over-parse that too much, but, eh, isn't it already illegal for an FFL dealer or manufacturer to sell/ship a "ghost gun"? Meaning they can't sell a fully-machined firearm that lacks a serial number? A dealer can sell an 80%, which technically isn't a "ghost gun" yet, or a dealer can sell a 100% which will never be a "ghost gun". Unless this Ghost Firearms place is shipping 80%'ers to states where even 80%'ers are illegal.

This sort of seems like one of those Facebook things that's designed to get folks riled up. That, or we're missing a WHOLE LOT of background context.
AFAIK it is illegal for anyone to ship a fully machined firearm or receiver that is not serialized. With the new rule, an FFL is required to add a serial number to any finished receiver if he takes it in for repair or any reason that would require him to log it in. In other words, if you brought it to me and I had to keep it over night, it would have serial number when you got it back. Same day repairs it is not required.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
And how does UPS know what you're shipping if you don't tell them? :confused: ;)
Got a 6 foot long custom built box from "USPS" and NO ONE asked what was in it.
(fresh built Flintlock Fowler all the way from Ohio) :cool:
So places would just need to "plain box" 80% stuff... and leave the "return addy" as generic as you can.

Simple fix. DON'T ship UPS. Problem solved. :)
Basically

·
Super Moderator
12,665 Posts
If I ship a firearm UPS it asks me what I am shipping. If I put Rifle it say that it is restricted item but if I put Winchester Model 70 it takes it no problem. Being a dealer I am not sure why it would be restricted anyway but that is the way UPS.com is set up when you try to print a label.

·
Registered
653 Posts
UPS is in violation of several of our civil rights. UPS is violating our right to firearms and illegal search and seizure. Because nothing is being shipped that is illegal, it is the same thing as UPS saying, “You did not vote Democrat therefore we are seizing your property and canceling your accounts”.

Reactions: wmw3
1 - 20 of 27 Posts