6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive looked over the last year or so at trigger upgrades, and never saw really what I wanted. Few weeks ago, I stumbled upon one that looked promising. Looked up JohnnyGlocks, he had several videos explaining what he does. He used factory glock parts (besides wolf springs). I bought one a week ago, install was easy. Took it out yesterday and put a few hundred rounds through it.

Vs stock, it took out some trigger take up, definite wall, lighter break, and a very short reset. This isnt my carry gun...but I shot this gun so much quicker. And taking my time shooting some clay pigeons at 10 yards was easy. If anyone was wanting to improve their target gun or hunting sidearm (glock), look up his info. A++

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've been through many triggers for my Glocks (Gen3, 4 and 5). I have a fairly unique situation in that my years of fighting RA has caused my trigger finger to be bent at the tip/first joint and the tendon is weak/painful...

For my hands/situation, I've settled on the Overwatch Precision FALX trigger. It fits perfect and is very smooth and much lighter pull!

I've also liked the SSVI Tyr trigger, the Hyve Monarch and the Overwatch Precision DAT.

What this has shown me is that we all are different, so what works for one may not work for another. Glad there are lots of options out there!!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Nice, sounds like a good trigger.

I upgraded awhile back with an apex. It shortened the reset but didn't improve the creep very much.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
OK, I will admit that I have a number of Glocks - 17, 19, 27, P80-G17 (if that counts). The triggers all SUCK. They always have. They can't get much better because of the fundamental design. That there are endless threads on Glock trigger upgrades is evidence that their triggers are awful. Reliable? No doubt. Simple? No doubt (assuming that is a positive attribute). Good trigger pull - never. If you want a good gun with a great trigger pull go 1911. If you want tactical tupperware that will go bang every time, Glock ain't bad.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I will admit that I have a number of Glocks - 17, 19, 27, P80-G17 (if that counts). The triggers all SUCK. They always have. They can't get much better because of the fundamental design. That there are endless threads on Glock trigger upgrades is evidence that their triggers are awful. Reliable? No doubt. Simple? No doubt (assuming that is a positive attribute). Good trigger pull - never. If you want a good gun with a great trigger pull go 1911. If you want tactical tupperware that will go bang every time, Glock ain't bad.

My dan wesson a2 is awesome, trigger, awesome gun, but with this trigger in my glock, I can keep up with a 1911.

Found another vendor called Vanek that was mentioned to me on another forum. Seems to be similiar to the Johnnyglock triggers, this place also sells individual parts that have been worked over. Have not done any research on Vanek yet though.

·
Super Moderator
21,596 Posts
Thank you. The best trigger upgrade for a Glock is a 1911. For combat tupperware, even with a mash potato trigger, I'll take an XDM.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I'm looking to up grade my G-40 trigger, compared to my Ruger 9E econo gun its "mushy".

I still mastered the glock trigger by lots of sight and dry fire that let me get a head on neck shot on a deer last year with my G-40.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Ive looked over the last year or so at trigger upgrades, and never saw really what I wanted. Few weeks ago, I stumbled upon one that looked promising. Looked up JohnnyGlocks, he had several videos explaining what he does. He used factory glock parts (besides wolf springs). I bought one a week ago, install was easy. Took it out yesterday and put a few hundred rounds through it.

Vs stock, it took out some trigger take up, definite wall, lighter break, and a very short reset. This isnt my carry gun...but I shot this gun so much quicker. And taking my time shooting some clay pigeons at 10 yards was easy. If anyone was wanting to improve their target gun or hunting sidearm (glock), look up his info. A++
I will definitely check out the trigger you mention...

·
Registered
354 Posts
My son put a Zev trigger in his G23. It doesn't have a wall and pulls through evenly. Its different and he's grown to like it. The issue so far is the roll pin through the trigger holding the safety keeps walking out. Last time I added some red lock tight to see if that helps prevent the issue.

I changed the trigger shoe to a smooth face and changed springs. I like having the wall and slightly lightened pull.

·
Registered
588 Posts
After doing a ton of reading on it (as well as binge watching youtube) I put the Lone Wolf pro pick kit in, and with some surface polishing of the contact points the G19 has a nice and consistent 4.5 lb trigger with a fast reset, a much better defined wall, and a clear break. I'll see how it does next range trip, it still has a fair amount of pre-travel that I think can be overcome with a fairly inexpensive trigger shoe from Johnny Glocks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Gotta agree on the 1911, shot a lot of Glocks and best answer for a bad trigger is a good 1911.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Got a few glocks. 21, 43x, stock 19x and modded 19x. Have a really nice custom 1911 and no the glocks won’t compare.
I think my 19x has the best factory lock trigger I’ve felt. It’s better than my XDM 5.25. But the XDM trigger is better than all my older glocks. Been thinking about upgrading the 21 and modded 19x triggers. But would like to try some out before going that route.

·
Registered
91 Posts
An old-ish thread but I have to. Glocktriggers is another company to look to for a nice glock bangswitch. They use all stock Glock components but every one of those components receives a mirror polish and minor tweaking where they see fit. I have one called the Skimmer which is supposed to replicate a 1911 feel in a Glock. Success? Each, somewhat. Astounding improvement over stock? Yes, unequivocally. Very short take up, definite wall and a clean, sharp break. I know, a clean break in a Glock? Not possible. It actually is. The overttavel is minute as well. I've been pleased enough with the Skimmer to not have felt the need to look for any further upgrade to the trigger. The only thing I did was alter the trigger face a bit, well, alot. The good thing about Glocktriggers is that in a defensive use situation the DA cant argue about you modifying the trigger to something the factory didnt use. It's a stock parts. At least, that's what Glocktriggers says.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
An old-ish thread but I have to. Glocktriggers is another company to look to for a nice glock bangswitch. They use all stock Glock components but every one of those components receives a mirror polish and minor tweaking where they see fit. I have one called the Skimmer which is supposed to replicate a 1911 feel in a Glock. Success? Each, somewhat. Astounding improvement over stock? Yes, unequivocally. Very short take up, definite wall and a clean, sharp break. I know, a clean break in a Glock? Not possible. It actually is. The overttavel is minute as well. I've been pleased enough with the Skimmer to not have felt the need to look for any further upgrade to the trigger. The only thing I did was alter the trigger face a bit, well, alot. The good thing about Glocktriggers is that in a defensive use situation the DA cant argue about you modifying the trigger to something the factory didnt use. It's a stock parts. At least, that's what Glocktriggers says.
If you want the feel of a 1911 why don't you get a 1911?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts