6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guy's,

I just picked up a STAG ARMS 6.8 Model 5, & have a question regarding the 25 rd magazine I received along with it. It appears to be as packaged by the factory, & was included inside the accessories bag, which was inside the carbine's factory hard case. ( It's marked w/ the STAG ARMS logo & address on the baseplate. ) It looks nothing like the 25rd PRI mfg'd 6.8 magazines I have, & is totally unmarked except for a double "SS" stamp, on one side of the mag's aluminum body. The follower is brown plastic, & is also unmarked. The only clue that I could find to diferenciate it from a standard GI type 5.56 magazine was the fact that it's brown follower was of a different shape / configuration than one on a GI 5.56 magazine. I called STAG to ask them about it, & at first, the person I spoke to appeared to have no knowledge of such a magazine ? After putting me on hold to "see what he could find out on the factory floor", he came back & explained that it was "probably" part of a small run made for STAG by C-PRODUCTS, & had been delivered without any 6.8 markings on them. He said that the current prioduction STAG 6.8 magazines are also mfg'd by C-PRODUCTS, but are now marked 6.8 on their brown followers. I'm not sure how reliable the C-PRODUCTS 6.8 mags are, but compared against the PRI examples I have, they appear to be quite flimsy indeed. If anyone has anything to add regarding these earlier mfg'd C-PRODUCTS magazines, & or the line of C-PRODUCTS 6.8 mags in general, I'd be very interested in hearing from them. As always, any & all replies will be most deeply appreciated. THANK YOU

Regards, dpast32

As a P.S.: According to STAG, my 6.8 was shipped from the factory during AUGUST of 2007. I'm also extremely curious as to if it was mfg'd with the SPEC II type 6.8 chamber, & if any of it's components are different ( or upgraded ) as compared to STAG's current 6.8 caliber production carbines ??

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The newer C+Products 25 Round magazines work fine. The older ones with the brown followers had some issues and their straight mags also have some issues. Since you have the older brown one test it and see how they function.

STAG went to the SPCII chamber early on. The easiest way to tell if you have the SPCII Chamber is to get a box of the SSA 115 Gr. Tactical SMK and test them in your barrel. Or ou can call STAG and ask them exactly when the stated using the SPCII Chamber.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The brown follower mag that came with my Stag several months ago works the same as all my other CP mags---no failures yet.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Newer CP mags have been better, but I had one of the new ones malfunction twice on the range last week. To be sure it wasn't the rifle or ammo I used a waffle PRI 25 rounder and everything worked 100%. I think it's the springs. I've got three CP's that I replaced the factory springs with ISMI springs that work 100% everytime. I just bought a few Tubbs mag springs that I will try and see if that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts