6.8 SPC Forums banner

Ulitmate Weapons on the Military Channel

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  LKirchoff68 
#1 · (Edited)
I dont know if any of you had a chance to watch ulimate weapons on the military channel last night, which is a new show I think?

Anyways they were doing a special on the ultimate CGB weapon and they do it in a top ten fashion. It was cool to that the LWRC PSD was on there and they didnt talk about the 556 but the 68 instead. They pretty much bashed the 556 hard core and even had an ex-delta guy talking about how grerat the 68 was compared to the 556. It ranked in at number 7 or 6 cant remember but it was cool to see a good info on the 68 :D

Last bit of info, the next up after the LWRC was the Kngihts Armament PSD model. It cracked me up because the deceided to design the weapon around the bullet. Well the bullet was a 6mmX35 and they described at has having better kinectic energy over the 556 in a 8 to 10inch barrel. Umm why didnt they just go with the 6.8 :confused: its a larger bullet and its already proven against the 556 as it was shown the weapon before. Anyways I know constuctor well comment on that but it was a pretty good show. And recomend wacthing it.

Direct TV
Today 1pm EST
6/21 6pm EST
6/21 10pm EST
6/21 1am EST
6/22 7am EST
6/22 1pm EST

Double check those time as they might be off.

See less See more
#2 ·
Last bit of info, the next up after the LWRC was the Kngihts Armament PSD model. It cracked me up because the deceided to design the weapon around the bullet. Well the bullet was a 6mmX35 and they described at has having better kinectic energy over the 556 in a 8 to 10inch barrel. Umm why didnt they just go with the 6.8 :confused:
Because they wanted to make the weapon as compact and lightweight as possible.

#4 ·
Well looking at the specs the KA PWD vs the LWRC PSD they are identical but weight I believe PSD is 1lb-1.5lbs more. Plus the PWD is shooting a 55 FMJ at 2400 and I believe the PSD shoots a 115gr at the same FPS. Overall I would go with the LWRC PSD :D I think they need to reverse the positons at least.

#3 ·
From what I remeber you had a coouple of designs in 5.56 andd the 6.8 and then three weapons that they designed the cartridge to the weapon. And the top ranked ones were sub-machine gun styles around pistol calibers. So at least the 6.8 made the top ten in thier opinion which makes a lightweight compact caliber. Funny the only other 6mm anything besides the 6.8 was one designed for the gun. Makes you think huh. Of course I am sure thier are "experts" who would say that the test was wrong and they used biased info.;)

#6 ·
I just got done watching that this morning. I DVR'ed it. I didn't agree at all with their ranking. I also noticed that when they showed the "stars" that they used to rank how the rifles performed, the top ones had 1-3 stars in some of the catagories and almost none of them got 5 stars in any catagories.

Also, almost every one on their list was an AR in some configuartion or another. Not complaining about that but I thought that they would have just picked the best ar configuartion and used that as 1 entry. Kinda like listing all the different MP-5 types as different rifles.

Mildly instreasting but didn't put much stock in what was said, and certanly didn't agree with the top picks.

#7 ·
I think one thing that they used for ranking, but not bringing it up during the show was the concealability (sp). The two 'ARs' of the group had the longest length and therefore the least ability to be carried concealed. If you notice, they consistantly show the uses of under garment holsters and drawing from concealed positions. This isn't exactly what I consider CQB, but would have to think about if I were needing a weapon for protection detail.

Just some thoughts. It seems that the old SMG's are what they were considering. Not battle rifles capable of reaching out to 300yds if needed. I still think the LWRCI should have come in higher!!!

#9 ·
It was all just someone's opinion. Don't read too much into any of it.

My favorite was the Magpul FMG9. Not a practical battle gun but it's just cool :)
That thing was pretty cool. I know I have seen it before on another show just don't remember which one. I definitely thought the LWRCI should have been ranked alot higher. Especially since the one that had the top ranking probably weighed the same if not more, but used a pistol caliber.

#12 ·
The show is actually called Shooting USA, there was another episode on tonight.

On NRA TV they had the Knob Hill Machine Gun Shoot and it showed a guy with a lime green Magpul FMG9. It looked like it worked for the segment they ran. Not sure who the guy was though.

#13 ·
I think that may be a re-run. I know for sure I have seen the lime green one now that you mention it. I remember thinking that was a weird ass looking gun the first time I saw it.

So did anyone catch this tuesday's episode of Ultimate Weapons. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the Simon door entry accessory for my AR and maybe and AA12 for some bird hunting. I think we saw the first gen. terminators that will try and annihilate us in the near future (aka robot with single and dual AA12 shotguns). Also, I don't see how the 50 Beowulf ranked higher than the Dillon Aero.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.