·
Super Moderator
1,429 Posts
they have rsilver in their blood maybe?

·
Premium Member
10,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably wouldn't be so much hate if Silvers hadn't been over here yakking for so long. Other than suppressed I don't know why any body would want one. A plain old 5.56 shooting 77s has more energy and shoots flatter.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I don't shoot suppressed and just can't see what it offers me that the 223/556, 6.8 and 7.62x39 I already have doesn't offer.

All the cool kids want one but I'll just stick with what I have that keeps on keeping on.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Just being honest here.

I am tired of getting sucked into every freaking argument about what is better. I have spent hours reading all of the dipsh!t arguments that go on and when I am done, I have learned nothing other than that if aliens come to this planet to conquer us, they will do it easily.

What a bunch of turds.

Nothing but a waste of my time.

Silver

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I am amazed how little people know about the whisper.
The blackout is a copy of the 30 caliber version of the whisper family of wildcats.

This video is what inspired rsilvers with the whole blackout project in order to market something
that could replicate the below trajectories but shot from the average carbine...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Funny you mention that. This months Rifleman has an article on the new Ruger takedown AR. Care to guess what they are offering a quick change caliber conversion kit in?

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Ha!

That makes we want to create a poll here asking if I build a 300 will it turn me into a fan boy?

I have heard everything from
The 300 only has 7" of drop at 700 yards
The 300 has an effective range out to 1000 yards
It will penetrate armor plating
And the ridiculous goes on

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Can I get my life minutes back from reading that crap?

I think Ratdog68's description pretty well sums it up, .300 Barack Obama, just full of XXXX and less useful than the pile of it that my dog left in the yard this morning.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The 300 BO is a slight improvement over the modern 30 carbine cartrige. It falls into the 30 +P Carbine category.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=419

BUFFALO BORE FULL POWER+ U.S. 30 M1 CARBINE AMMUNITION
110 grain FMJ, Round Nose @ 2,100 fps
20-Round Box
ITEM 46B
For years customers have asked me for a couple full power 30 M1 Carbine loads. I'm calling these loads "Full Power+" instead of +P, because they are not technically +P as they are all within the SAAMI max. average pressure of 40,000 CUP, but they are much more powerful than ordinary run-of-the mill M1 Carbine ammo. ANY/ALL M1 chambered carbines that are in normal operating condition will safely fire these loads, as they are operating within SAAMI specs.

Item 46A-110gr jacketed soft point @ 2100 fps

➤ 2122 fps - Inland/General Motors
➤ 2114 fps - Underwood
➤ 2105 fps - Exel
➤ 2107 fps - Spare parts carbine
➤ 1587 fps - Ruger Blackhawk, 7.5

http://www.hornady.com/store/300-Blackout-110-gr-GMX-Full-Boar/

300 Blackout 110 gr GMX® Full Boar®

Test Barrel (16") Velocity (fps) / Energy (ft-lbs)
MUZZLE100200300
2350/13492084/10601836/8231609/633
Trajectory (inches)
MUZZLE100200300
-1.503.300.00-13.60

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
love those little carbines, i traded a case of c-rats for an M2 about 50 years ago, and probably could have shipped it home LOL don't remcall what i swapped it off for

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
ok guys, don't laugh at me but i own a couple .300 BLK rifles.

honestly they are just range toys and i can shoot them suppressed in the field behind my house without bothering the neighbors. me and carson like to shoot the target tree and see who can clear their side faster.

·
Banned
125 Posts
There is one member of the Saiga 12 forum that just won't miss an opportunity to push that cartridge.

On an AK forum...

I'd point out just how stupid it is to push that round on a forum that has a bunch of people that own rifles in 762x39, but I just can't bring myself to waste the time and energy in yet another caliber debate.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,342 Posts

honestly they are just range toys and i can shoot them suppressed in the field behind my house without bothering the neighbors. me and carson like to shoot the target tree and see who can clear their side faster.
i've got what suits me, you have what suits you. it's all good. and keeps gun related manufacturing in business

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I also have a whisper for many years and there is nothing wrong with it and it is fun to shoot for subsonic work and dedicated for that role, that is what the
case was designed for.

Anyway, lol...

Adventures in Tacticoolland. The year of the bumblebee.

Blackout vs Africa's Big Five ... Coming soon to all theaters near you.

To find out more about the 300 blackout impulses visit the following website for advice...

http://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/guide/delusional-disorder

·
Registered
890 Posts
IF you are a fan of the trajectory of a BB gun then yes :p
Funnest day I've ever had shooting involved an old Mountainer plain wheel bow at a 75 yard target with a 30 mph 90 degree crosswind - between wind blocking obstacles. Aim towards the corner of the buildings overhang and watch the arrow curve back towards the bullseye.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts

There is a difference in owning and using in their niche and saying that any other caliber is a waste of time and money and it will make you stupid.

The .22 LR falls into the catagory of range toy as well as being capable of pest eradication. It has its niche and as long as you keep using it there and don't say it is good enough to use as an elk round then it is okay.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts