6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a great week of vacation, to say the least. Me and my 6.8 have been busy! Started in arkansas at a buddy's deer lease. Killed two does with my 6.8, and an 8pt with my browning 300wsm xbolt. I have a 18in cardinal armory barrel, that does not have chrome issues. I loaded accubonds at a COAL of 2.295, 32.5 grains of h335, with an average velocity of 2710. This rifle is a shooter! The first doe I took, I was on foot and snuck up on her. The other was a 300 yard shot, she dropped in her tracks. I did not take photos of exit wounds, but lets just say that the 6.8 accubonds were more than enough.

While in Mississippi, which was yesterday. I hunted with my 6.8 exclusively. Saw a bunch of spikes for three days, well the last evening of the last day of hunting, my luck changed. I saw this 7pt, and before I could shoot he was spooked. So, then I thought the hunt was over. I looked infront of me, and there was a nice turkey nest robbing fox. Squeezed the trigger and the accubond nearly cut him in half. 10 minutes later a small buck showed up, and then right before dark i had a field with 4 bucks in it, and one was the 7pt that got spooked earlier. Shot him at about 60 yards, and the shot was a bit high. He ran 40 yards and dropped.

The 110 accubond for the 6.8 is a performer. Deadly on deer. Saw no evidence of fragmentation. Very pleased with this bullet.
Needless to say, I have a freezer full of venison.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Wow you were busy, that is great you got to see and get that many deer.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts
Sounds like an awesome weekend! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I am looking forward to a hog hunt with HTR coming up in March, I will be adding a few more notches to my 6.8. :twisted: Those accubonds are real performers......but I bought some Tipped TSX's when Osama got elected, and I plan to use them on those tough texas piggies. I hope HTR saves me a good one down there, and so does my taxidermist.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
very cool, man, there isn't anything like being out hunting is there?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
same here...
my eyes are always scanning for game wherever I am at..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
me too! Work does nothing but get in the way too! I have a degree in wildlife and fisheries.....I just wish I was using it so that I could get outdoors more! I hate my job!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts