6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay' I am confused. I cannot get the 110 gr TSX to work. I have a 16" barrel with a 1:11 twist, and am loading 27.5 grs of H322 and cannot get a group smaller than 3 inches. Anybody having the same problem?

·
Registered
329 Posts
No. They SHOULD be accurate if everything else in the system is good, all things being equal. After the obvious checking of your optics and mounting, I'd first see how other bullets perform, then change the COAL of the 110 TSXs and see if that helps.
Others will chime in, too ....

·
Registered
698 Posts
Make sure you're barrel is cleaned well and foul it with TSX shots. Many have reported they like a clean barrel that's been fouled only with TSX or similar monos.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
You didn't mention your velocity spread, COAL, brass, or primer. My 110 TSX load is 1 moa with a 200 yard zero. H322 isn't the most accurate powder in the 6.8 but its not that bad plus it has great temperature insensitivity. When I hear about a situation with disappointing accuracy, I would check for two things: brass and concentricity. More folks do it than you might think but are you mixing your brass, e.g., some Hornady and some SSA? Only develop a load using one specific manufacturer. Are your bullet's concentricity off, e.g., not on centerline? Roll the rounds on a flat surface like a counter top. Sight down the surface. If you can see the tips of the bullets wiggle, you have a concentricity issue. Not having concentricity makes for groupings open up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts