6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have difficulty believing that this device is actually 4.5 oz. as Troy and their distributors advertise. Is that a typo on Troy's web site? Does anyone know the true weight? I don't remember seeing it on Rob's fine rail weight chart. Thanks

Speaking of that, anyone know the weight of the SWS 14" rifle rail? Art won't return my emails nor can I find anything on any boards.

· Registered
2,858 Posts
I have difficulty believing that this device is actually 4.5 oz. as Troy and their distributors advertise. Is that a typo on Troy's web site? Does anyone know the true weight? I don't remember seeing it on Rob's fine rail weight chart. Thanks

Speaking of that, anyone know the weight of the SWS 14" rifle rail? Art won't return my emails nor can I find anything on any boards.
it seas adds 4.5 oz so ad the weight of a standard hand guard to that and you have its weight i know the Troy TRX-Extreme battle rail with its nut is 15 oz exactly

· Premium Member
11,772 Posts

The original Troy MRF-M 9" weighes 15oz

· Premium Member
11,772 Posts
How does that mount? Is it with the stock barrel nut? If not, does that 10.4 include the nut?
They told us at SHOT it would mount to a standard barrel nut but, when they arrived they have a special alum barrel nut. My guess is they tried in the prototype stage to make it work but could not and had to make these alum nuts and thats why it took an extra 5 months to get the rails.
That weight does include the alum. nut.

· Registered
7,772 Posts
How is it torquing down the barrel nut?

· Registered
7,772 Posts
I am not a fan of aluminum for that use....

· Registered
7,772 Posts
I dont think 10lbs is that bad......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.