6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been looking at this cheap Sentry Force floating handguard can anyone enlighten on this handguard and I have an 18 '' A R P Triad with a mid length gas system would a 12'' handguard be long enough to cover the gas block? I'm thinking about going with the SLG Sentry adjustable is this considered to be a low profile gas block I ask because this handguard only has a 1.52 diameter ? Thanks.

Mark

Edit I just found the specs on the SLR Sentry looks like it should fit.

·
Registered
430 Posts
re

I've been looking at this cheap Sentry Force floating handguard can anyone enlighten on this handguard and I have an 18 '' A R P Triad with a mid length gas system would a 12'' handguard be long enough to cover the gas block? I'm thinking about going with the SLG Sentry adjustable is this considered to be a low profile gas block? Thanks.

Mark
Do you have a link to the Sentry Force Hand guard?

I have a 12' http://www.guntecusa.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_99&page=3 ultra lightweight thin keymod hand guard on one of my rifles with an ARP 18' Mid weight barrel and it is longer than the front of the Low pro Gas block by about 1-3/4 inches .
I could use a 10'inch hand guard with only part of the gas block uncovered and the gas tube completely covered.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a link to the Sentry Force Hand guard?

I have a 12' http://www.guntecusa.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_99&page=3 ultra lightweight thin keymod hand guard on one of my rifles with an ARP 18' Mid weight barrel and it is longer than the front of the Low pro Gas block by about 1-3/4 inches .
I could use a 10'inch hand guard with only part of the gas block uncovered and the gas tube completely covered.
Here's where I found it BC. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...l&utm_medium=brse-email&utm_campaign=prodbrse

Mark

·
Registered
70 Posts
Trinity Force Free Float Rail

I acquired a used Trinity Force 12 inch free float rail a few months back. The screws that attach the rail to their barrel nut seemed soft. So, I contacted them and explained my problem and asked for assistance. I did explain that I got the rail used. I was perfectly willing to buy the replacement screws. Their response to me was they don't make this rail anymore. No suggestions or assistance offered. I would never buy their products. My 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I acquired a used Trinity Force 12 inch free float rail a few months back. The screws that attach the rail to their barrel nut seemed soft. So, I contacted them and explained my problem and asked for assistance. I did explain that I got the rail used. I was perfectly willing to buy the replacement screws. Their response to me was they don't make this rail anymore. No suggestions or assistance offered. I would never buy their products. My 2 cents worth.
That doesn't sound very good Fish. You know I was giving that cheap carbon fiber a look that's in a thread here I just might go with that but I'm still looking, The prices on some of these handguards are insane I can find a better use for the money elsewhere on the gun. Thanks for the response Fish.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts