6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen any mention of this on the forum so far so I thought I'd mention that it appears that Trijicon is coming out with a 6.8mm calibrated BDC for the TA31, model number TA31F-6.8.

I stumbled across this after reading through their brochure located at http://trijicon-inc.com/pdfs/acog.pdf that lists the TA31F-6.8 model.

An email was sent to Trijicon customer support and they replied with the following:

"This optic is not yet available and information is limited at this time. You are welcome to check back after the first of the year to see if more is available."

I realize there are other BDC's available that will match fairly close to the 6.8 depending on what you are shooting but the 6.8 BDC will probably be a better fit. Trijicon could not provide anything further than the above so it may be some time before its available. If you are in the market for a new ACOG in two or three months it may be worth checking out.

NC68
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,318 Posts
I just wish Trijicon would get off their ass and make a non-caliber specific reticle already. Don't get me wrong, I like that tey are coming out with a 6.8SPC calibrated ACOG, but I will not own another ACOG until they make a non-caliber specific reticle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,744 Posts
Right,

the $20k question is WHICH 68 load will it be calibrated for??

90TNT, normal or combat, 115 OTM? 14.5" 16" 20"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clint said:
Right,

the $20k question is WHICH 68 load will it be calibrated for??

90TNT, normal or combat, 115 OTM? 14.5" 16" 20"
Agreed. That was one of the questions I asked them but they replied with the "check back later" message. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,444 Posts
I will probably get one. I like the Acogs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
paulosantos said:
I just wish Trijicon would get off their ass and make a non-caliber specific reticle already. Don't get me wrong, I like that tey are coming out with a 6.8SPC calibrated ACOG, but I will not own another ACOG until they make a non-caliber specific reticle.
That is why I have a compact acog with the crosshair reticle.

8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,318 Posts
BillBond said:
paulosantos said:
I just wish Trijicon would get off their ass and make a non-caliber specific reticle already. Don't get me wrong, I like that tey are coming out with a 6.8SPC calibrated ACOG, but I will not own another ACOG until they make a non-caliber specific reticle.
That is why I have a compact acog with the crosshair reticle.

8)
I considered getting the TA01LAW with the external knobs so I could just dial in the range that I wanted. That is the only 4X ACOG that I would even consider right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Sounds like Trijicon has a little more definition now in their 6.8 reticle.

From the Barrett Rifles Forum:
"The following is a copy of an e-mail I received from Trijicon regarding optics for the REC 7

Thank you for your interest in Trijicon products. The company is introducing a 6.8 calibrated ACOG that will likely be available early next year and is a dual-illumination, 4x32 model with horseshoe reticle. Please contact us if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Eric Lockhart
Customer Service
1-800-338-0563
ext 148
http://www.trijicon.com"

Link to original post:
http://www.barrettrifles.com/DiscussionForum_YAF/default.aspx?g=posts&m=17450&#17450
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
All they need to do is add a "IPHY" point drop line.

Drop the yard markings and add 5, 10, 15 20 as in 5 IPHY, 10 IPHY, 15 IPHY, 20IPHY and call is the universal ACOG.

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,318 Posts
J.Boyette said:
All they need to do is add a "IPHY" point drop line.

Drop the yard markings and add 5, 10, 15 20 as in 5 IPHY, 10 IPHY, 15 IPHY, 20IPHY and call is the universal ACOG.

John
I hate caliber specific reticles. I've been bugging Trijicon about making a non-caliber specific reticle and they don't want to hear it. They say their reticles are "close enough".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,444 Posts
I chevron with a mildot retical would be nice.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,444 Posts
Those are pretty good paul, I would put a chevron instead of the circle, drop the top crosshair and maybe have mil dots going out left and right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
paulosantos said:
I just wish Trijicon would get off their ass and make a non-caliber specific reticle already. Don't get me wrong, I like that tey are coming out with a 6.8SPC calibrated ACOG, but I will not own another ACOG until they make a non-caliber specific reticle.
I like their reticle choices for the most part, the having options is what I like. They could use a NPR2 style like Nightforce. As of now I prefer their special reticle made for JP Rifles in .223 which covers most of my rifles. I use their .308 bullet drop ACOG 3.5 power on 6.8's or EoTech 1 minute dot only (no circle) or AimPoint 2 minute dots with great effect to 100 yards. All are fast on target. I haven't played with the bullet drop enough to find out how close it comes to being on the money. I think zeroing the 300 mark at three hundred yards will be done first and I'll see how the rest falls into play off that zero.

Kevin
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top