6.8 SPC Forums banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
In my hunting ARs I run CMC triggers both two and single stage. In my “budget” builds I have a few RR NM two stage triggers with JP springs are they are nice for the money. Or you could put some JP springs in your existing trigger group and see what that does

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've yet to find a single stage as good as Elftmann. But they aren't cheap!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are you saying that if I add a LaRue 2-stage, I should replace their springs with ones from JP Enterprises?
No don't go changing springs in a drop in. This is an alternative I've used on a couple of rifles I hunt with and love the difference it made smoother and a lighter pull but not too light 3.5/4 lbs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Now you get people like Bill Geissele selling people cheap crap at exorbitant prices and he is so good at it he makes them believe they are getting a bargain while robbing them blind. Of two stage triggers I have tried, and that has been quite a few, the PSA NiB two stage for about $70 is the best of the bunch and priced much closer to where a two stage trigger should be priced. Larue MBT is a close second place. Anything more than that and you are getting robbed. I know many of you will disagree and that is ok. At least I have said my piece.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion in regards to Geissele. It's interesting that you mention the PSA NiB two stage since it's the "affordable version of the Geissele's venerable SSA series ($240) of 2-stage triggers[ PewPewTactical 2020 - Best AR15 triggers].

I would be interested in hearing from you in PM the issues you've had with Geissele because I'm a manufacturing guy and hearing a well-regarded company's products called "cheap crap" always pique's my interest.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have various 2 stage, psa, aero, larue, geiselle. Love the Geiselle SSA for hunting and target shooting. Havnt tested much else besides having a bcm lower with their enhanced mil spec trigger. I tested the SSA vs the bcm mill spec, all groups were identicle. I like the single stage for defense and shtf, and in my experience, you practice with it, will work for all you need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I just took my rifle to the range and was disappointed in the trigger that Aero Precision put in. So, I'd like to get recommendations on a good trigger that will be effective for hunting and SHTF.

Appreciate any feedback.
The LaRue is a good trigger as are most that have been recommended. I went with a 4 lb Timney single stage in two of mine and the Timney Targa two stage in another one. They aren't cheap, but they are definitely dependable and consistent. Between $160 and $200 depending on where you find them.

I do recommend putting locking pins in, for any drop in trigger.

YMMV

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, I just took my rifle to the range and was disappointed in the trigger that Aero Precision put in. So, I'd like to get recommendations on a good trigger that will be effective for hunting and SHTF.

Appreciate any feedback.
Just buy reduced power springs

·
Banned
79 Posts
I have become a fan of flat face triggers. I have had great luck with CMC triggers. They are a little pricier but you can catch them on sale in the 130 range. But I have also heard good things about Larues. I like single stage triggers for hunting since that is what my bolt actions are. No chance of forgetting to take up the slack. Just my.02

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts

Appreciate any feedback.
Try deltateamtactical.com and search triggers. I have several Davidson, rise armament, and recoil Tech triggers that I've run for years with zero issue. You can get them on sale for $86-109 for 3-3.5# match triggers.

Reactions: Woodstock

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
You are certainly entitled to your opinion in regards to Geissele. It's interesting that you mention the PSA NiB two stage since it's the "affordable version of the Geissele's venerable SSA series ($240) of 2-stage triggers[ PewPewTactical 2020 - Best AR15 triggers].

I would be interested in hearing from you in PM the issues you've had with Geissele because I'm a manufacturing guy and hearing a well-regarded company's products called "cheap crap" always pique's my interest.
Im going to link a comparison article below which is the only one I have seen with actual data, including graphs of the travel and poundage etc. Towards the bottom after all drop in triggers are tested they touch on a Geisseles single stage trigger ($230) which is out performed by an $88 rise armament drop in. I wouldn't go as far as to call Geissele cheap crap but exorbitantly priced is spot on for what you get. For the money a PSA or Larue or RR NM is best bang for the buck unless you tune a milspec for $10-20. When it comes to drop in I prefer velocity mainly because I like the slight curve they have. I don't mind spending $25 more for that consistent feel. Elftman had the best trigger but it was the most expensive as well and the gains are not really worth it unless you shoot competitions for a living.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Appreciate any feedback.
I prefer the Geissele SSA-E trigger on all non blowback (pistol caliber) MSR's

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
At one time Geissele was the best of the best. Others have caught up and put out products for far less money. Geissele needs to drop their price IMO. BTW I have and use 4 Geissele triggers from years ago.

Reactions: sfs13

·
Registered
218 Posts
All of our ARs are Rise Armaments or CMC.

The only rifles that aren't stock triggers are all 4 of the 10-22s, a self customized Vepr 308, and the Savage 110 SE.

The Acutrigger is IMO a POS. At light weights it is susceptible to disengaging during the press. When it was replaced the best available seemed to be Rifle Basix. It has been really good, but honestly the tweaked and polished Power Custom in the 308 Vepr, and stock tweaked and polished M88 308 are both better. Not slamming the Basix, just saying.

So I have been looking to Tweak and Polish it again since I seem to have gotten better at it, or starting over with something else...

The ELF Savage 110 SE Precision probably will be in my stocking this Christmas. Only because Triggertech doesn't make one for Savage.

At the very least the 2 Seekins/ARP triggers getting changed out to Triggertech's Diamond triggers.

They are really revolutionary in design and possibly the most consistent, zero creep, limited over travel trigger made. They are even supposedly somewhat self-cleaning. If they are half as good as the claims I could even see eventually getting them for the Aero/ARPs.

These articles and reviews explain their frictionless roller design better than me. Plus theoretically they know more 😎

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had a timney for a long time, it's been great. I recently bought a rise armorment, from midway. It's pretty good for the money.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts