6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm traveling from Nevada to New Mexico for a hunt later this year and want to hunt suppressed since its allowed in NM. I'm planning to fly. So my question is what do I need to do to transport the suppressor? Check it in with the rifle? Check it in regular baggage (I'm pretty uncomfortable with that approach)? Carry it on(that should be fun with TSA)?

I'm not sure what the rules are on a stamped item. Any insights would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,969 Posts
I'm traveling from Nevada to New Mexico for a hunt later this year and want to hunt suppressed since its allowed in NM. I'm planning to fly. So my question is what do I need to do to transport the suppressor? Check it in with the rifle? Check it in regular baggage (I'm pretty uncomfortable with that approach)? Carry it on(that should be fun with TSA)?

I'm not sure what the rules are on a stamped item. Any insights would be appreciated.
You check them just like a firearm and they must be in a locked case and can be carried with the gun in the same case. You need to declare the suppressor and firearm separate though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
629 Posts
It is my understanding that although it isn’t truly a firearm, it is registered and treated as such.

so just as others have said, declared, checked baggage, hard sided case & locked. Double check with specific airlines but they’re all pretty much the same.

And although it isn’t required to file with ATF, it may be worth a call or email (preferred) to have written documentation that filing the travel with them ain’t required.

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
I always just have it in my pelican case with my rifle and a copy of My paperwork just in case. Have never had a problem with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts