6.8 SPC Forums banner

10901 - 10920 of 10971 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts

This old trapper in the Yukon was getting low on supplies. So he harnessed up his sled dogs and headed into the trading post in the nearest small town. While he was in there he got to looking at the snowmobiles. The salesman was telling him all about them, told him most everyone had gotten rid of their sled dogs, and replaced them with snowmobiles. Of course the trapper had a bunch of questions. Finally the salesman convinced the fella to trade in his dogs on a new snowmobile. The trapper loaded his supplies, and was fixin to head back to his cabin, when he had one more question. He asked the salesman, what to do if the snowmobile won't crank, or if there are some other difficulties with it. The salesman told him to just call in on his radio, and they'll send a man in a helicopter right out to fix it. The old trapper said ok, and off he went. Well low and behold, one morning the thing wasn't acting right so he radioed in and the salesman said he'd send a man right out. Around noon, the helicopter comes in and sets down. The trapper met the mechanic on the porch there, and told him what the snowmobile was doing. The mechanic told the old man to go on in and make himself a sandwich and he'd be done in no time. Pretty soon the mechanic knocked on the door. The trapper put his sandwich down and went and opened the door. The mechanic said, "it looks like you blew a seal." The old trapper wiped his beard and said, "no, that's just mayonnaise from my sandwich."

·
Registered
3,039 Posts

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis: ‘We Chose Freedom Over Fauci-ism’ And Were Better For It"

"When Republicans are in power, members of the press sound like Complainers, isolating problems and suggesting America is being governed badly. When Democrats take charge, the press becomes full of Explainers, who say everything is running smoothly and the only problem with governing is that those maddening Republicans aren't as docile as reporters."

-- L. Brent Bozell III

·
Registered
3,039 Posts

As I've Matured. . . .

I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in.

I've learned that one good turn gets most of the blankets.
I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just jackasses.
I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others -- they are more screwed up than you think.

I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

I've learned that it is not what you wear; it is how you take it off.
I've learned that you can keep vomiting long after you think you're finished.
I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

I've learned age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, unless we are celebrities.

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural
stupidity.

I've learned that 99% of the time when something isn't working in my house, it's my kid.

I've learned that there is a fine line between genius and insanity.

I've learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon and the real pains in the ass are permanent.

10901 - 10920 of 10971 Posts