6.8 SPC Forums banner

9581 - 9599 of 9599 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
I remember that when I was in college I went to the local grocery store for supper fixings. I waited in the checkout line of a newly hired young lady who was trying her best to get it figured out. She was extremely pleasant and was trying very hard to make sure she didn't miss anything. After she handed me my change, I headed to the truck. I noticed that she had given me a dollar to much. I went back inside the store and waited thru her line again to give her the dollar, she panicked and asked her shift manager how to open the register without making a sale, he stood there, chastised her and then fired her, she walked away in tears, when he turned to apologize to me he saw that I was extremely irritated, he turned and walked away. I told him that I would be waiting for him at closing time to settle the matter. He hid in the store until the campus police came to ask me to leave.

I went back to the store the next day to talk to the store manager about the situation and see if there was anything that could be done. He said that he would call the young lady and ask if she would come back to work and he would talk to the shift manager about the way he handled the situation. The shift manager ended up quitting after about a week of being regulated back to stocker/section manager. That or he did not like me and the rest of the defensive line hanging out in the parking lot every night when they closed.

I realize mistakes will be made, they are just that, mistakes, but I am repeatedly amazed at how ignorant the people are who rely on technology for every single process. This is exactly what is wrong with our country, people let everything make their decisions for them, social media is just the latest module to dumb down our youth.
Another one which amazes me DAILY. People have NO clue HOW to turn off the ignition of a car, and pull the key. They have no clue which direction to turn the key, have NO clue WHY you do NOT try to start the car while it's already running, IF they DO turn the key the right direction, have NO clue how to remove the key. They'll sit there and pull and pull and pull and pull... then try to twist (it won't), repeat this over and over and over. If it's not a "push button to start/stop", they're lost. They have NO clue HOW to release a parking brake. If it's a hand brake, no clue as to how to release the pressure on the button (by pulling on the handle) before pressing the button. Even when you explain it to them in detail, they have no clue... and the next day... we have to go through the same exercise in futility all over again.

·
Super Moderator
21,654 Posts
Today, I saw them... "The Guardians of the Universe !!!" I get out of my rig this morning and glance over, across the street and up (second level parking garage). What should I see? FOUR manikins (social distancing), dressed in hoodies, t-shirts, and face masks !!! Standing and looking DOWN over the neighborhood. It's pretty obvious that someone in that apartment building is sending the message of: "We're ever vigilant and watchful in this BLM struggle." I told the office manager to call the cops, because one of the "Guardians of the Universe" needed to be arrested for indecent exposure. Her bare manikin titties were hanging out of her unzipped hoodie. If I think of it, I'll snap a pic of it tomorrow. I'm SOOOO over all of this bull$hit.

How many can't wait to see bare manikin titties? LOL

·
Registered
134 Posts

Reactions: sfs13

·
Registered
2,185 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Or trusting a sibling who's holding a HotShot as you climb over a fence. %80 of people won't have a clue what any of this means...But i found it pretty damn funny.
I was pinned in the floorboard of my grandfather's pick up by my cousin with a hot shot.

I keep one in UTV along with a hickory sledge hammer handle that has a bridge nail in the end, sticks out about a 1/2", poked in the right spot will get a cow or bull to moving.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Reactions: sfs13
9581 - 9599 of 9599 Posts