6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an upper from someone, the purchase came with some handloaded ammo that was for the upper. Anyone see an issue with slapping that upper on a lower and using the ammo?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I recently bought an upper from someone, the purchase came with some handloaded ammo that was for the upper. Anyone see an issue with slapping that upper on a lower and using the ammo?
This is my personal policy on reloads. I will never use anyone else's reloads, unless I was present when the reloading was being done. Again, that's just my policy, and other's may feel differently.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Unless you have reason to doubt the seller's integrity, I would question him about the loads. Did you meet him for the purchase? You should be able to assess the loaded ammo by talking to him about the load data and his overall response. Or maybe not! I would ask a lot of questions. If he doesn't have good answers or doesn't know the answers, don't shoot them.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I’ve only got one friend who’s reloads I’ll shoot, and he was my mentor when I started reloading.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If the seller seemed to have it together, and if the ammo was labeled with load data details, I'd probably shoot it. At least 1 round lol.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
No matter what dump them and start over and don't be a dummy like me and wait 35 years . Back in the 80s my boss shot load a co worker had loaded in his 742 rem and it jammed his action and he said it was very hot . He brought the other 19 to me and I pulled one and weighed everything .on the box he had type and weight of powder and type and weight of bullet . The powder was right but the bullet was stated to be 150 he but were 180 grain . I offered to fix them but he said he didn't want them back so I stuck them in my junk box to pull later . Fast forward to last year .I had found a brand new 30/06 handie rifle I had no use for but since no longer produced I had to have and digging around found a box of 18 old loads . Even with the lead sled I could feel the recoil and the case was hard to extract & split. My memory and back to me immediately and I thought I knew procrastination was dangerous but dang I should have pulled those years ago . Don't wait pull them now .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts