6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How important is it to dimple/steak the base plate in to the castle nut groove when putting on the stock tube?

Oh what if you just blue lock-tite it?

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Cheap insurance. I have one I put together and didnt stake as an experiment. A few thousand rounds and no issues. Another hundred and it may start spinning.

Is there a reason you don't want to stake?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I don't stake mine just because I tend to reconfigure things and I carry a wrench in my range bag anyway. Never had one back off on me yet, but if it does it's an easy fix. However, if I'll probably eventually stake them all.

·
Administrator
22,085 Posts
Mine are not battle field weapons, where I'm stuck in a sea of sand or jungle with no means of working on my rig. I have a wrench. I do not stake mine, a dab of gun-tite and I call it good. Haven't had one work loose yet.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
no need to stake an A2 stock, that's all i have

·
Super Moderator
12,229 Posts
I always stake them. It is easy insurance and it does not stop you from taking it back apart. If you are damaging the endplate beyond reusing you may be staking a little too much.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did some thing weird, so I had to stake, the stock wasn't straight so I had to re-do wiggle and man the Wheeler wrench sux! Couldn't find my reliable TAPCO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.